Tuscan Soup Recipe
Ingredients for 5 servings
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 1/2 tablespoon fresh garlic, minced
- 1 cup diced white onion
- 2 tablespoons The Fit Cook Land seasoning
- 1 celery stalk, diced
- 1 large carrot, chopped
- 1 medium zucchini, chopped
- 1 can (15.5oz) white (cannellini) beans, drained
- 1 can (14.5oz) diced tomatoes
- 3 tablespoons tomato paste (optional, but recommended if you desire a creamier broth)
- 6 cups low sodium vegetable broth
- 1 bunch (3 cups) spinach, chopped
- 1/3 cup fresh basil, chopped
- sea salt & pepper to taste
Set a pot on medium high heat. Once hot, add oil, onion and garlic. Saute until the onions turn brown and slightly translucent, about 3 minutes.
Sprinkle in Land herb seasoning and celery. Bloom/cook the herbs for about 1 minute and ensure they are not burning.
Increase the heat to high.
Add in the remaining ingredients and bring to a simmer. Add a pinch or two of sea salt & pepper. Once it begins to simmer, decrease the heat to low and cover and cook for 30 minutes.
Season to taste with sea salt & pepper. Enjoy!
ABOUT THE AUTHOR
Hey, I'm Kevin
My name is Kevin. My life changed when I realized that healthy living is a lifelong journey, mainly won by having a well-balanced diet and maintaining an active lifestyle.
By experimenting in the kitchen and sharing my meals on Tumblr, I learned healthy eating is not boring! By making a few adjustments to my favorite foods, I could design a diet that could help me achieve my wellness goals while satisfying my desire for BANGIN food! 😅 Now I try to help people around the world realize that same level of freedom in eating regardless of budget. Welcome, let's #DemocratizeWellness together!