Gluten Free Salmon and Chips with Lighter Tartar Sauce
Ingredients for 5 Salmon and Chips servings
- 1 1/2lb center cut salmon, skinned and cut into 2-inch and 3 -inch strips or nuggets
- 3/4 cup almond flour
- 2 tablespoons The Fit Cook Southern Creole seasoning
- Substitute: 1 tablespoon smoked paprika + 1 teaspoon chili powder + 1/2 teaspoon cumin + 1 teaspoon dried thyme + 1 teaspoon dried oregano + 1/2 teaspoon cayenne
- 3 eggs, lightly beaten
- 5oz crushed baked potato chips (or reduced fat kettle chips) + 1 tablespoon black pepper
- LOW CARB SUBSTITUTE: baked pork rinds
- Spray avocado oil
- Lighter Tartar Sauce
- 1/3 cup 2% Greek yogurt
- 1/4 cup reduced fat olive oil mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon Dijon or stoneground mustard
- 2 tablespoons capers (or more/less according to taste)
- 1/4 cup finely diced dill pickles
- 2 teaspoons dried dill weed
- 2 teaspoons tabasco
- Lemon juice to taste
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- Sea salt to taste
Set air fryer to 400F/204C.
Mix together the ingredients for the batter in a bowl or plate. To another bowl add the eggs. Add the potato chips to a sealable plastic bag, crush them up using your hands or rolling pin, then add the finely crushed potato chips to another bowl.
Dip the salmon piece in batter, then the egg (shake off any excess egg), and finely coat in the potato chips. Note: If you would like a double batter and want it extra crispy, dip the salmon in the batter, then egg, then batter, then egg and potato chips.
Place the battered salmon on an air-fryer tray then lightly spray with avocado oil.
Air fry in the oven for 10 – 12 minutes until golden brown.
Mix together the ingredients for the tartar sauce.
Enjoy the salmon with homemade tartar sauce and hot sauce.
ABOUT THE AUTHOR
Hey, I'm Kevin
My name is Kevin. My life changed when I realized that healthy living is a lifelong journey, mainly won by having a well-balanced diet and maintaining an active lifestyle.
By experimenting in the kitchen and sharing my meals on Tumblr, I learned healthy eating is not boring! By making a few adjustments to my favorite foods, I could design a diet that could help me achieve my wellness goals while satisfying my desire for BANGIN food! 😅 Now I try to help people around the world realize that same level of freedom in eating regardless of budget. Welcome, let's #DemocratizeWellness together!