Ramen Noodle Salad With Ginger Soy Vinaigrette
RAMEN NOODLE SALAD
Ingredients for 5 servings
- 8oz brown rice (Ramen) noodles (OR spaghetti of your choice, I recommend chickpea or wheat)
- 1 1/2 lb chicken breast, cut into 1-inch chunks
- 1 tablespoon low sodium soy sauce
- red chili flakes to taste
- 2 cups finely shredded (red) cabbage
- 1 large carrot, Julienne peeled into strips/noodles
- 1 red bell pepper, thinly sliced
- 3 radish, thinly sliced
- 3 green onions, chopped
- 5 servings of ginger soy vinaigrette (see recipe below)
- fresh cilantro
- sesame seeds
- green onion
Cook noodles according to instructions given, then set aside in a bowl.
Set a nonstick skillet on medium high heat and once hot, spray with a little oil. Add diced chicken breasts. While the chicken cooks in the skillet, sprinkle in soy sauce and red pepper flakes if desired. Toss the chicken and cook it through, about 6 to 8 minutes. Set aside to cool.
To a large bowl, add the cooled and cooked noodles along with the ingredients for the salad. Gently toss and mix everything together.
Add some dressing (see below) and gently toss together. Add the chicken and toss together.
For each individual serving, add the dressing. I do not recommend or advise mixing ALL of the dressing unless you want to.
Garnish and enjoy! Note: if you want more dressing for the individual servings but don’t want the extra calories, simply use lime juice and/or low sodium soy.
Sweet & Spicy Ginger Soy Vinaigrette
Ingredients for 10 servings
(makes about 1 1/4 cups; 1 serving = 2 tablespoons)
- 5 tablespoons low sodium soy sauce
- 3 tablespoons rice vinegar (or less/more to taste)
- 2 tablespoons sriracha (or red chili garlic sauce)
- 1 tablespoon garlic, minced or paste
- 1 1/2 tablespoons fresh ginger (or more/less to taste)
- 1 tablespoon honey (or agave or coconut sugar)
- 1/4 cup avocado oil or olive oil
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 1 tablespoon sesame seeds
- juice from 1 lime
Mix everything together in a jar and season to taste with ginger, soy, sriracha and lime. Store in an airtight container in your fridge for 2 weeks.
ABOUT THE AUTHOR
Hey, I'm Kevin
My name is Kevin. My life changed when I realized that healthy living is a lifelong journey, mainly won by having a well-balanced diet and maintaining an active lifestyle.
By experimenting in the kitchen and sharing my meals on Tumblr, I learned healthy eating is not boring! By making a few adjustments to my favorite foods, I could design a diet that could help me achieve my wellness goals while satisfying my desire for BANGIN food! 😅 Now I try to help people around the world realize that same level of freedom in eating regardless of budget. Welcome, let's #DemocratizeWellness together!