Ingredients for 5 servings
- 1 large (or 2 medium) zucchini, diced
- 1 large (or 2 medium) squash, diced
- spray olive or avocado oil
- 1 1/2 lb 93% lean ground turkey
- 1/2 medium white onion, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, minced (OPTIONAL)
- 1 1/2 tablespoons The Fit Cook Everyday blend
- 1 tablespoon chili (or chipotle) powder
- 8oz (mild) red enchilada sauce
- sea salt & pepper to taste
Set a large carbon steel skillet on medium high heat. Once hot, spray with oil then add the squash and zucchini. Season with sea salt & pepper as it cooks in the pan. Cook until the veggies slightly soften and you see sear marks. Then remove the veggies and place the pan back on the heat.
Lightly spray again then add the turkey and chop it up as it cooks. Add the onion and the seasonings and continue cooking until it’s about 85% cooked, there should be a few visible pink pieces, about 8 minutes. Add the enchilada sauce and stir, making sure the meat is chopped evenly.
Add the squash back, stir and serve!
Enjoy with your choice of grain, cauliflower rice or even enjoy it cold over a bed of lettuce for a taco salad.
ABOUT THE AUTHOR
Hey, I'm Kevin
My name is Kevin. My life changed when I realized that healthy living is a lifelong journey, mainly won by having a well-balanced diet and maintaining an active lifestyle.
By experimenting in the kitchen and sharing my meals on Tumblr, I learned healthy eating is not boring! By making a few adjustments to my favorite foods, I could design a diet that could help me achieve my wellness goals while satisfying my desire for BANGIN food! 😅 Now I try to help people around the world realize that same level of freedom in eating regardless of budget. Welcome, let's #DemocratizeWellness together!