Yes, you can eat pizza even when you are watching your diet! But, the best time for eating pizza is definitely as a post-workout meal.
The benefit especially men would love is that pizza is great for post-workout bulking. If you’re also trying to lose weight or build lean muscle, 56 grams of protein sounds attractive.
The best way to balance between the food you like to eat and a healthy diet is to make your own pizza at home. You can control the amount of protein and carbohydrates which you need after training. The main problem with frozen or delivered pizzas is the leak of nutrients.
How to make this awesome Pizza?
For this pizza recipe, you will need 7 simple ingredients. Before you start, preheat the oven to 450F.
Place slices of tomatoes and chiles on wholewheat pizza crust or pizza bread. Cut onions and grill them in a pan using Kelapo Coconut Oil spray. Add it on top of the pizza.
You can add a source of protein of your choice. I chose my favorite for this recipe, shrimps. Now, add the pieces of shrimps to the pizza.
Then, sprinkle cheese on top. I use reduced fat Feta cheese for this recipe. You can add cilantro now or later, depending on if you prefer the taste of fresh cilantro. I save that for the end.
I don’t use baking sheets, I bake pizza on the oven rack. Bake for about 15 minutes. Remove from the oven and add any extra topping.
Of all foods to eat, admit it, this will be your favorite post workout meal. Except you adore pizza, you will also like the nutrients. Approximate macros are 56g of protein, 55g of carbs, 16h of fats, and 542 calories in total.
Loving this post workout pizza recipe? Download the Fitmen app now for easy access to lots of healthy dishes for your everyday meal plan — available for Android and Apple devices! You can also subscribe to receive weekly updates via email!
- Set oven to 405F.
- Sautee or grill your onions (or other veggies) in a pan using Kelapo Coconut Oil spray.
- Slice tomatoes and chiles and any other veggies. Place them evenly on top of your pizza crust or pita bread. Add your grilled onions.
- Then, add your choice of protein – I used shrimp – in pieces and add the pieces evenly on the pizza crust.
- Sprinkle feta cheese on top. You can add cilantro but I like the taste of fresh cilantro so I save that until the end.
- Bake on the oven rack, NOT a baking sheet, for 15-minutes. Remove from the oven and add any extra topping.
Download the fitmencook app
Track your macros, plan your weekly meals, add recipes to your grocery list, as well as get access to over 500 healthy recipes by FitMenCook.