Mediterranean Beef & Lamb Stuffed Tomatoes
Stuffed Tomatoes Recipe
- Set oven to 400F.
- Slice the top off the tomato, then use a spoon or grapefruit knife to carve out the inside and empty the insides into a bowl. Repeat for all tomatoes then place them in a baking dish.
- Set a large nonstick skillet on medium high heat, once hot lightly spray with avocado oil. Then add the beef and lamb (or your choice of protein). Chop it up as it cooks in the skillet.
- Add onion, garlic and seasonings as the meat cooks in the skillet, about 3 minutes.
- Reduce the heat to medium, pour in red wine and cook for about 2 -3 minutes, until the wine is reduced by half.
- Add parsley, rice and about 1 1 /2 cups of the tomato pulp. Cover and cook for 15 minutes until the tomato gets soft and explodes to create a natural tomato sauce. Reduce the heat to low if too much liquid is evaporating and the meat begins to lightly burn.
- Stuff the tomatoes with the rice mixture, then cover the baking dish with foil and bake for 25- 30 minutes, until the skin naturally begins to peel off. Bake uncovered the final 5 minutes.
- Allow them to cool after baking so they can be more manageable. Garnish and enjoy!
Download the fitmencook app
Track your macros, plan your weekly meals, add recipes to your grocery list, as well as get access to over 500 healthy recipes by FitMenCook.