Sample 4-Day Keto Meal Plan 2020
The top of the year is the most popular time to look at your diet and decide to try something new. It isn’t the ONLY time – remember that you can make a change whenever YOU decide.
Here’s my opinion – the BEST diet you can ever follow is the diet you can maintain.
And to arrive at the perfect diet for you, I see nothing wrong with experimenting with different types of foods and types of diets. The goal should be to understand your body and what it needs; and how your lifestyle supports or makes it challenging to follow a particular diet.
You then take those key learnings to go and craft your OWN, sustainable diet that supports your wellness goals. When it comes to food, I’m no absolutist or purist – meaning I enjoy ALL foods. I just cook them in more calorie-conscious ways and I watch my portions. Though I must confess – my diet looks much more like Mediterranean, abundant in plants, full of healthy fats with lean proteins scattered throughout.
To help you arrive at the perfect diet for you, I wanted to create some sample meal plans featuring some of the most talked about diets right now, beginning with keto!
[ Still don’t know which diet to choose? Check out my rundown of these popular diets on YouTube! ]
If you’re not familiar with keto, STOP and take a bit of time to read up on it. Here are some things to help you get started:
- My 8-Week Keto Transformation Experiment
- 5 Things They Didn’t Tell Me About Keto
- Finding the Best Diet for You
Ok, if you’re already familiar with keto, then here’s what you’re going to need for this meal prep.
REMEMBER – you should consult with a physician or nutritionist before beginning any new diet program. Ketosis happens at different levels for everyone so you may need to adjust serving sizes and/or the ratio of fats, carbs and protein in order to arrive in ketosis.
Need more calories???
- Add a NO (low) carb protein shake to your daily regimen along with a tablespoon of oil or nut butter
- Add a tablespoon of olive oil to individual servings of meals
(does not include common pantry items such as seasonings and oils)
- 1lb raw green beans
- 1 large carrot
- bundle of spinach
- Bag of mixed greens (or in chopped lettuce)
- 2 lemons
- 1 onion
- 1 bundle celery
- 1 head of cabbage
- 1 (red) bell pepper
- 2 avocados
- 1 large cucumber
- carton portobello mushrooms (OPTIONAL)
- 1 cooked Rotisserie chicken (you can get flavored but DO NOT get barbecue flavor or any other flavor with a glaze)
- carton 18 eggs
- 1 pack of uncured bacon
- 2 lb pork sirloin (chops)
- butter, unsalted (grass-fed)
- small bag shredded cheddar cheese
- 64z no salt added chicken broth carton
Want more? Try my other 4-day Keto Meal Prep, available NOW in the FitMenCook App and in MealPrepPro!
BACON, EGG & CHEESE FRITTATA MUFFINS
Ingredients for 12 muffins
- 7 pieces of bacon
- 12 eggs
- 1 tablespoon The Fit Cook Everyday blend (SUBSTITUTE: 1 teaspoon garlic powder, 2 teaspoons garlic)
- 1 tablespoon dried rosemary
- 2 teaspoons cracked pepper
- spray avocado oil
- 2 cups spinach, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup diced onions
- 1 red bell pepper, diced
- 1 cup chopped cremini or portobello mushrooms (OPTIONAL)
- 1 1/2 cups shredded cheese
Set oven to 400F.
Cook bacon in a skillet, then set the individual pieces on a paper towel to cool, drain and harden. Once cooled, chop into pieces to create bits.
Whisk together eggs and seasonings in a large bowl.
Spray muffin pan with oil. Then evenly divide spinach, onion, bell pepper, mushrooms, bacon, cheese and eggs among the tins. You can top off the tops with cheese if you’re a rebel – just make sure you account for the calories.
Bake for 20 – 25 minutes at 400F, or until the egg is cooked through.
Snack - Egg & Avocado Salad
Ingredients for 1 serving
- 1 cup mixed greens
- 2 hard boiled eggs
- 1/4 cucumber, sliced
- 1/2 ripe avocado
- sea salt & pepper to taste
- 1 tablespoon olive oil (or avocado oil)
- lemon wedge for juice
- 1 serving of a low calorie, low-sugar vinaigrette (OPTIONAL)
Bring a pot of water to boil. Add eggs and cook until hard.
Add the individual contents to a meal prep container. Remember to ONLY slice the avocado the day you intend to eat it, and leave the pit in the remaining half in order to slow down browning. [Here] are some other tips to prevent an avocado from browning as well.
Butter Garlic Pork & Green Beans
Ingredients for 4 servings
- spray avocado oil
- 2 lb pork sirloin chops, cut into 1-inch cubes (SUBSTITUTE: chicken breasts; turkey cutlets; lean flank steak)
- 1 tablespoon The Fit Cook Land seasoning (SUBSTITUTE: Italian seasoning)
- 1 1/2 tablespoons The Fit Cook Everyday seasoning (SUBSTITUTE: 2 teaspoons onion powder, 2 teaspoons garlic powder)
- pinch of sea salt & pepper
- 4 tablespoons butter OR ghee OR coconut oil (separated into 4 separate servings)
- ~4 cups raw green beans
- juice from 1/2 lemon
- 2 tablespoons fresh, minced garlic (or less if desired)
Spray pork cubes with a little oil. Add the seasonings and rub it all over the cubes. Let them rest/marinate for about 5 – 10 minutes at room temperature as you continue prepping the rest of the recipe.
Set a skillet on HIGH heat. Once hot, add 1 tablespoon butter and melt it, then immediately add pork. Allow the pork to rest in the skillet for about 1-2 minutes to sear, then begin stirring in the skillet. As the pork cooks through, about 3 – 5 minutes, add 1 more tablespoon of butter and stir it over the pork.
Empty the pork into a bowl, then place skillet back on the heat.
Add 1 tablespoon of butter, then add the green beans. Squeeze in lemon, then cover the skillet to let the green beans sear and soften for 1 – 2 minutes. Remove the lid and begin stirring.
Reduce the heat to medium, then add pork back to the skillet, along with fresh garlic and remaining tablespoon of butter. Season to taste with sea salt & pepper.
Keto Rotisserie Chicken & Cabbage Soup
Ingredients for 4 servings
- 3/4 lb Rotisserie chicken meat, chopped into pieces
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 cup diced onion
- 1 tablespoon garlic, minced or shaved
- 2 stalks celery, diced
- 1 cup mushrooms (optional)
- 2 teaspoons cumin
- 1 teaspoon (ground) sage
- 1 teaspoon (ground/crushed) fennel (optional)
- 1 1/2 tablespoons The Fit Cook Land Seasoning
- SUBSTITUTE: 1 1/2 tablespoons Italian seasoning
- 4 cups chopped cabbage
- 1 carrot, chopped
- 48oz chicken broth (add more water if needed; OR do 24oz chicken broth and 24oz water)
- sea salt & pepper to taste
- 2 bay leaves
- 2 Rotisserie chicken wings WITH skin for added seasoning (OPTIONAL BUT RECOMMENDED)
Set a pot on medium heat. Once hot, add oil, onion, garlic and celery to caramelize for 2 – 3 minutes. Then add seasonings to bloom them and make the soup extra fragrant.
Add chopped cabbage and stir for 1 minute to wilt.
Then add the remaining ingredients. If you need to add more water or if you prefer more broth, add 1 cup of water, or more no-salt chicken broth, at a time.
Reduce the heat to low and cover and cook for 30 – 40 minutes.
ABOUT THE AUTHOR
Hey, I'm Kevin
My name is Kevin. My life changed when I realized that healthy living is a lifelong journey, mainly won by having a well-balanced diet and maintaining an active lifestyle.
By experimenting in the kitchen and sharing my meals on Tumblr, I learned healthy eating is not boring! By making a few adjustments to my favorite foods, I could design a diet that could help me achieve my wellness goals while satisfying my desire for BANGIN food! 😅 Now I try to help people around the world realize that same level of freedom in eating regardless of budget. Welcome, let's #DemocratizeWellness together!