Low-Carb Enchiladas with Spanish Cauliflower Rice
Here’s a delicious, comfort food makeover for the fall – low-carb enchiladas with Spanish cauliflower rice. When you’re in a diet rut, don’t just shrug your shoulders and promise to start eating better at a later date. Instead, take one of those meals or foods you’re craving and challenge yourself to give it a makeover with more calorie-conscious ingredients.
It’ll build your kitchen confidence and give you more IDEAS to keep yourself motivated to eat better when you’re kinda feeling bleh.
- Set oven to 350F.
- Bring a pot of salted water to a boil and add chicken breasts. Boil for about 15 minutes or until the chicken is cooked through and no longer pink. Let it cool, then tear it into pieces.
- Slice a zucchini vertically into thin pieces, about the thickness of a penny or dime. Pat the slices dry using a paper towel, then set aside.
- Set a nonstick skillet on medium heat and add olive oil, garlic and red onion. Cook for about 3 minutes until onions turn brown and translucent. Add chili powder and oregano and cook for an additional 2 minutes, until fragrant.
- Add shredded chicken and mix together, then pour in about 1 cup of the enchilada sauce. Cook together for at least 3 minutes to allow the flavors to meld together, then remove from the heat.
- Overlap 4 pieces of zucchini, then add about 2 tablespoons of the chicken enchilada sauce to one side the zucchinis. Roll it up, then place the roll in a baking dish. Repeat.
- Drizzle the remaining enchilada sauce over the enchiladas, then top it off shredded cheese.
- Bake for 15 minutes or until the cheese has melted.
Download the fitmencook app
Track your macros, plan your weekly meals, add recipes to your grocery list, as well as get access to over 300 healthy recipes by FitMenCook.
- Set a nonstick skillet on medium heat, then add olive oil, garlic, red onion, turmeric and cumin. Cook for about 3 minutes until very fragrant.
- Add chicken chorizo and mix everything together for an additional 3 minutes.
- Make a hole/well in the skillet to add the raw cauliflower rice or pearls, then mix everything together for about 1 minute. Make another small hole then add tomato paste and chicken broth. Allow the steam from the broth to soften the cauliflower rice while mixing everything together. If it is too thick, simply add tablespoons of more broth or water.
- Add fresh cilantro then season to taste with sea salt & pepper.
- Garnish and enjoy!