Light Kimchi Fried Rice
Kimchi Fried Rice Recipe
Prep Time 5 minutes
Cook Time 15 minutes
Total Time 20 minutes
- Set a nonstick wok or skillet on high heat. Once hot, spray with a little avocado oil, then add pork. Cook until the outside edges are seared and the meat is cooked through, about 4 to 6 minutes. Then remove from the skillet.
- Add an egg to the skillet and chop it up and scramble it. Then remove from the skillet.
- Reduce the heat to medium, then add oil, onions and ginger. Cook and caramelize the onion for 2 – 3 minutes until fragrant and the onion has turned brown and translucent.
- Increase the heat to HIGH, then add Kimchi and mix everything together. Cook for 1 – 2 minutes, then add the rice and cook for 1 – 2 minutes, ensuring that every grain is toasted and the Kimchi is well integrated into the rice. Fold in the fresh garlic, cooked pork and egg. Add Kimchi liquid, Gochujang and a little bit of soy sauce. Ensure everything is well mixed.
- Remove from the heat and enjoy! For each portion, add a bit garnish – I highly recommend a fried egg!
Download the fitmencook app
Track your macros, plan your weekly meals, add recipes to your grocery list, as well as get access to over 500 healthy recipes by FitMenCook.