Guiltless Fried Chicken
Being from the South, fried foods are pretty common. But, because of the tons of fatty calories from bread and oil, it certainly doesn’t complement a healthy diet. Here’s a guiltless way to make nearly crispy fried chicken using two of my favorite ingredients – wheat germ and Kelapo Coconut Oil. This is also a great dish for parties, especially for Game Day.
Start preparing your frying chicken by setting the oven to 375F. Wash a chicken breast in cold water and then pat dry with a paper towel.
For the next step, use a bowl. Mix in the bowl wheat germ with seasonings and flex seeds.
In another bowl whip an egg white. Dip chicken breast strips in the egg white mixture. Then, dip chicken breasts in the wheat germ mixture. Make sure it’s covered completely.
For this southern fried chicken, we are not using a deep fryer. Instead of it, we are using a baking pan. We will place chicken strips on a baking pan and spray with vegetable oil. Make sure you have an oiled baking pan too.
The approximate cooking time is about 20 to 25 minutes. When this crispy fried meal is finished, remove it from the oven and serve while it’s still hot!
If you love this fried chicken recipe, you have to share it with all your loved ones. I’m pretty sure they will all love it!
Don’t forget to leave your insights by leaving a comment down below! You may also subscribe to receive weekly updates via email! It’s such a great pleasure to aid you as you journey towards your weight loss and fitness goals!
Keep it up, fellas! Have a great day!
Guiltless Fried Chicken
- Set oven to 375F.
- Wash a chicken breast in cold water and then pat dry with a paper towel.
- In a bowl, mix wheat germ with seasonings. If you would like to add flax seed, then go ahead.
- Whip an egg white in another bowl. Dip chicken breast strips in the egg white mixture.
- Dip strips in the wheat germ mixture and cover completely.
- Lightly spray a baking pan with Kelapo Coconut Oil. Place “breaded” chicken strips on the baking sheet. Then lightly spray the strips with Kelapo Coconut Oil.
- Bake in the oven for 20-25 minutes.
- Remove and devour!
Approximate macros for 1 serving.
Available in the FitMenCook app
Open this recipe in the FitMenCook app to add the ingredients to your shopping list, scale the recipe and track your calories. Enjoy!