Bangin Cod Fish Tacos – Mediterranean Diet
Cod & Cabbage Fish Tacos Recipe
- Season cod with oil and spices, rub it all over the filet pieces.
- Set a nonstick skillet on medium high heat. Once hot, add olive oil. Carefully place the cod pieces into the skillet using tongs or a spatula. Cook on each side for 2 to 4 minutes, until the edges are seared and the sides are golden. Remove from the skillet and set aside.
- Wipe the skillet clean with a paper towel. Increase the heat to high.
- Add corn tortillas to the HOT skillet and sear on each side for 1 – 2 minutes, until dark spots apear on the tortilla. After cooking on each side, place the tortillas in a warm, damp towel to soften. Repeat.
- Build the taco! On a warm tortilla, spread 1-2 tablespoons of mashed avocado, add a serving of picked cabbage, the cooked cod, mango salsa and, if desired, radish slices.
- Enjoy with fresh lime!
Download the fitmencook app
Track your macros, plan your weekly meals, add recipes to your grocery list, as well as get access to over 500 healthy recipes by FitMenCook.
Add ingredients to a large jar or sealable container.
Let the cabbage marinate in the jar for at least 20 minutes at room temperature OR 1 hour in the fridge. Enjoy on tacos, hot dogs, burgers, eggs, rice or any food that needs a boost of flavor!
Store in the fridge in an airtight jar or container for 2 weeks.
Mix together the ingredients and season to taste with sea salt & pepper and/or fresh lime.