3 Easy 6-Ingredient Chicken Meal Prep Recipes
Chicken Fried Quinoa
- Set a nonstick skillet on medium heat. Once hot, add oil, garlic, onions and bell peppers. Saute for 2 to 3 minutes, then toss in zucchini. Cook for an additional 1 minute.
- Increase the heat to medium-high, then toss in ground chicken. Chop it up as it cooks in the skillet, and sprinkle in Chinese 5-spice blend. Once there are no longer any visible pink pieces of chicken, add the cold, cooked quinoa. Fold everything together.
- Make a hole in the skillet, then add the eggs. Chop up the eggs as they cook, then fold them into the quinoa and chicken mix.
- Add the frozen peas and carrots. Mix until thawed.
- Season to taste with low sodium soy sauce.
Download the fitmencook app
Track your macros, plan your weekly meals, add recipes to your grocery list, as well as get access to over 300 healthy recipes by FitMenCook.
- Set oven to 420F.
- Slice bell peppers in half, remove the insides, then place them on a baking sheet (lined with parchment paper) facing up. Spray them with olive oil, then place them face-down on the baking sheet. Bake for 12 to 15 minutes.
- Set a nonstick skillet on medium-high heat. Once hot, add oil, garlic, zucchini and broccolini (or your choice of veggie). Mix everything up in the skillet, and if you’re cooking broccolini or broccolini, reduce the heat to medium, then cover the skillet and cook for about 3 minutes to wilt and soften the veggies. Remove the veggies from the skillet once they are crisp-tender.
- Pour coconut milk in the skillet and bring to a light simmer. Add 1/2 cup parmesan cheese and continuously stir so the cheese melts. Stir in Italian seasoning. Reduce the heat to low-medium so the sauce begins to thicken, then fold in the chopped chicken breasts.
- Evenly divide the chicken among the bell pepper halves, then top with remaining cheese.
- Bake in the oven for 6 to 8 minutes to melt the cheese on top.
- Enjoy the bell pepper halves with the grilled veggies.
- Set oven to 420F.
- Season chicken breasts. Set a nonstick skillet on medium-high heat. Once hot, spray with olive oil then add chicken breasts. Sear on each side for 2 to 3 minutes, then place the entire skillet in the oven to bake for 6 to 8 minutes, or until the chicken breasts are cooked through. Remove the chicken from the skillet, allow them to rest, then slice them up.
- Using the same or different skillet, spray with a little more olive oil and set the skillet on medium high heat. Add the chopped veggies. Allow the veggies to rest in the skillet to sear for about 1 to 2 minutes before agitating them in the skillet. Then, shake the skillet to continue cooking them. If you have it, squeeze in some fresh lime or lemon juice – this will help wilt the veggies and caramelize them as well.
- Build the fajita tacos! To low-carb tortillas, add a portion of the chicken, a portion of the grilled veggies and then top off with fresh mashed avocado.