Lamb Curry Fried Rice Recipe
Curry Fried Rice Recipe
- Cook rice according to instructions given if you are NOT using day old rice. If you cook the rice fresh, once it is prepared, spread it on a baking tray and if possible, place it under a (clean) fan to dry out, ideally for about 1 hour.
- Set a large nonstick wok (or skillet) on HIGH heat. Once hot, lightly spray with a little oil, then toss in the protein (lamb). Allow to sear for about 4 – 5 minutes (untouched) then stir and sprinkle in curry powder and sauce. Mix in the wok, then continue cooking for an additional 2 minutes. Remove the lamb and set aside.
- Reduce the heat of the skillet to medium (and be sure the skillet has cooled down – this is important), then add in oil, onions and garlic. Grate in fresh ginger. Cook for 2 – 3 minutes to flavor the oil, then make a hole in the skillet and add eggs. Quickly scramble the eggs and continuously chop them up.
- Increase the heat to medium-high or HIGH. Fold in the rice and mix well. Sprinkle in the remaining curry powder and continuously fold, ensuring every grain of rice is covered in curry. Add lime zest to brighten the flavors and mix.
- Add bell peppers and the lamb and continue to mix. Fold in the frozen peas & carrots and fold everything together. Remove from the wok from the heat then add the torn basil leaves.
- Season to taste with low sodium soy or tamari and fresh lime juice.
Download the fitmencook app
Track your macros, plan your weekly meals, add recipes to your grocery list, as well as get access to over 500 healthy recipes by FitMenCook.