Chipotle Flank Steak Taco Salad
Here’s another quick and easy steak taco salad recipe that you’ll surely love to share with your family and friends!
What are your favorite toppings on your taco? Tacos are very customizable and easy to make. You can add a variety of veggies along with taco meat and dressing of your choice.
Usually, the classic tacos that we know have toppings — like avocado, cheese, onion, tomato, and seasoned meat added to tossed lettuce — then served with either salsa or sour cream.
To share it with you, I’m not a fan of taco salad during my teenage years. But, this fast-food restaurant made me enjoy and love a delicious Mexican-inspired steak taco salad! It has pan-seared skirt steak, black beans, corn, tomato, and lots of cheese in a crunchy taco shell.
Starting on my healthy eating journey, the one thing that I don’t want is to give up completely the foods that I crave. It’s mind-blowing to discover that I could make the same but healthy version of these dishes in my kitchen — especially this steak taco salad recipe.
This low-carb salad recipe is rich in vitamins and minerals — such as protein, potassium, dietary fibers, vitamin A, vitamin C, calcium, and iron.
These steak tacos remind us that we don’t have to sacrifice flavor for health and wellness. We can achieve these with some adjustments and tweaks to the original recipe using wholesome ingredients, making it fit our special diet.
Add this dish now on your salad recipes! Make sure to share your thoughts by commenting down below or sending me an email. Together, let us all achieve our weight loss and fitness goals without depriving ourselves of meals that we love!
Oh, by the way, the secret is in the sauce!
Enjoy and have a great day fit foodies!
Chipotle Flank Steak Taco Salad
- Set oven to 400F.
- To make the taco shells, arrange four 6-inch cake pans on baking sheets. TIP: Place the tortillas in the microwave for about 15 seconds so they are easier to handle and shape. Spray the tortilla with olive oil, then place the tortilla inside cake pans. Bake until crisp, about 12 to 15 minutes, then allow them to cool and harden.
- Set a nonstick skillet on medium high heat and spray with a little olive oil. Rub cumin and chili powder on the flank steak (on both sides) then place it in the skillet once it is hot. Sear and cook the flank (on both sides) until desired readiness, about 12 to 18 minutes, depending on how you like your steak.
- Once the steak has finished cooking, remove it from the pan and place it on a butcher block. Allow it to slightly cool before slicing.
- As the steak cools, in a large bowl, mix and toss together all of the ingredients for the salad.
- In a food processor, add the ingredients for the chipotle sauce and blend together until smooth. If possible, place the sauce in a condiment squirt bottle.
- Chop the flank steak into tiny pieces and then bring it all together.
- Remove the tortilla bowl from THE baking pan and set it on a plate. Add a generous portion of the salad, then add about a fourth of the flank steak on top.
- Drizzle chipotle sauce across the salad, garnish and enjoy!
Approximate macros for 1 of 4 taco bowls or servings:
Available in the FitMenCook app
Open this recipe in the FitMenCook app to add the ingredients to your shopping list, scale the recipe and track your calories. Enjoy!