Healthy Chicken Ratatouille
Hi fit foodies! Looking for a delicious but nutritious meal to prepare? Great! Because here’s an Instant Pot Chicken Ratatouille recipe that you can easily customize with seasonal vegetables.
And if you’re following a more special diet, you can make easy swaps to make it vegan or vegetarian. Reminds you of a movie you’ve watched? Of course, who would not know the movie we’ve come to love: Ratatouille.
The classic movie where a cute and sweet little rat aspires to be a renowned French chef in Paris. Ratatouille is pronounced as ra-tuh-too-ee. It’s a French recipe originating in Nice and is often referred to as ratatouille niçoise.
The meal preparation and cooking time of this recipe varies. The typical ingredients include bell pepper, eggplant, zucchini, onion, garlic, tomato. Some chefs include a fusion of green leafy herbs. This makes the dish very low in cholesterol and sodium.
It is also a good source of a lot of nutrients such as dietary fibers, Vitamin B6, Folate, and Potassium. This dish also provides us with Vitamins A, C, K, and Manganese. That’s a lot of nutrition indeed!
In this recipe, rather than adding stripped or cubed chicken, I included skinless and boneless roasted chicken breasts. I seasoned it with salt and pepper and seared on olive oil.
This makes it a complete meal and adds more protein for added nutritional value compared to other ratatouille recipes. This can also be served with brown or jasmine rice to make the dish a little heartier.
So if you’re ready to bring out the inner Martha Stewart in you, add this instant pot meal to your saved recipes! You may serve this as a healthy breakfast or even over a dinner party. If you enjoyed this chicken ratatouille, I would love to hear your comments and suggestions by sending a message or commenting below.
For me, nothing is more important than providing you tasty and satisfying foods and as well as making it easy for you to achieve your weight loss and fitness goals. Live happily and stay healthy!
Healthy Chicken Ratatouille
- Chop chicken into large chunks. Season with pinches of sea salt & pepper.
- Set a nonstick skillet on medium heat and add olive oil and chicken breast pieces. Sear on both sides for 3 to 5 minutes, no worries if the chicken is not fully cooked. Remove the chicken and set aside.
- Add olive oil to the skillet, then add garlic and red onion. Cook for about 2 to 3 minutes and be careful not to burn the garlic.
- Then add the chopped vegetables and sauté for about 3 minutes.
- Add the crushed tomatoes and chicken stock. Bring to a light simmer, then season to taste with sea salt & pepper.
- Nestle the chicken breast pieces in the sauce, then cook for 20 to 25 minutes, until the vegetables are soft, yet still somewhat firm.
- Garnish and enjoy!
Download the fitmencook app
Track your macros, plan your weekly meals, add recipes to your grocery list, as well as get access to over 500 healthy recipes by FitMenCook.