BBQ Pork Tenderloin & Slaw Stuffed Sweet Potatoes
Total Time 55 minutes
BBQ Pork Tenderloin Recipe
Prep Time 10 minutes
Cook Time 45 minutes
Total Time 55 minutes
INGREDIENTS for 6 BBQ Pork Tenderloin servings
- 2lb pork tenderloin, fat trimmed
- 1 teaspoon avocado oil
- 2 tablespoons smoked paprika
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 3 tablespoons coconut sugar
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 teaspoon cracked pepper
- 2 cups green cabbage, thinly shredded
- 1 cup red cabbage, thinly shredded
- 1/2 cup shredded carrots
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon dry mustard or Dijon
- 1 teaspoon tabasco or choice of hot sauce
- 1 1/2 tablespoons coconut sugar
- Season to taste with sea salt & pepper
- 3 medium sweet potatoes (12oz/360g)
- Set oven to 400F/204C.
- Pierce holes in the sweet potatoes using a fork. Wrap them in foil, then place on a baking tray. Bake in the oven for 45 minutes or until soft.
- Mix together the ingredients for the rub. Trim all the fat and shiny, silvery lining on the bottom of the pork. Drizzle oil on the tenderloin and rub the seasoning all over. Place in a Dutch oven or a deep baking dish. Roast uncovered about 30 minutes or until the internal temperature reaches 150F. If the pork is too dry on the outside, lightly spray with cooking oil and/or water. Remove from the oven and allow to rest for 5 minutes. I like to make an aluminum foil tent over the tenderloin to keep it warm.
- While the tenderloin is roasting, toss together the cabbage and carrots in a large bowl. In a small bowl, whisk together the remaining ingredients. Pour over the cabbage mixture and toss to coat evenly. Cover and allow the cabbage and carrots to absorb the flavors at room temperature. If you are making this to be eaten later, cover and store in the fridge.
- Slice the pork tenderloin into ¼-inch thick slices. Slice the sweet potatoes in half and flake the insides with a fork. To one HALF of a sweet potato, add the pork tenderloin and the slaw and garnish with cilantro.
Download the fitmencook app
Track your macros, plan your weekly meals, add recipes to your grocery list, as well as get access to over 500 healthy recipes by FitMenCook.