Baked Sweet Potato Tots
Do you love tater tots? Then, you may want to try these crunchy, naturally sweet, and delicious baked sweet potato tots! It’s easy to make and only consumes a short prep time!
It’s no secret that I love sweet potatoes almost as much as avocado. A few weeks back, I visited a cafe in Dallas, TX that serves sweet potato tater tots. Their sweet potato tot got me thinking that I should create my own calorie-friendly version of it. And, who would have thought that my first attempt will come out pretty good?
In the year 1953, a company was trying to think of a way of using the leftover trimmings of potatoes. So, they decided to chop up the slivers then add some seasonings and flour. The product was later on called tater tots and was commercially sold in stores by 1956.
Sweet potato is a sweet, starchy root vegetable. It’s a good source of dietary fiber, protein, beta carotene, potassium, manganese, antioxidants, and vitamins B, C, and E. It also has a lot of health benefits making it suitable for every special diet you’re into.
No oven? No need to worry! You can make sweet potato fry too by using this baked sweet potato recipe! So, add this now to your meal plans, and don’t forget to share how this dish came out for you by leaving a comment below or sending me an email!
You may also want to subscribe via email to get weekly updates as you journey on your fitness and weight loss goals! It’s such a great opportunity for me to help you in achieving your goals easily while satisfying your cravings as well!
Want more of these recipes? Download the Fitmen App now for more easy and healthy meals! Have a great day fit foodies!
Baked Sweet Potato Tots
Ingredients for about 5 servings:
- 4 medium sweet potatoes (~1000g)
- spray olive oil
- sea salt to taste
- Set oven to 430F.
- Wash the sweet potatoes and remove any visible dirt by rinsing them under warm water. Then, use a vegetable peeler to remove the skin.
- Add water to a pot and bring it to boil. Toss in the peeled sweet potatoes and parboil them for NO MORE than 15 minutes. You want the potatoes firm, yet soft to touch. Allow the sweet potatoes to cool to about room temperature so you can handle them to touch.
- Grate the sweet potatoes into a bowl.
- Grab a small handful of the grated sweet potato and form a small tater tot. Repeat for the remaining grated sweet potato. Place the tots on a baking rack, or nonstick baking sheet, then generously spray them with olive oil and sprinkle a little sea salt on top.
- Bake the tots for 40 minutes and flip them halfway through cooking to ensure all sides are nice and crispy.
Approximate macros for 1 of 5 servings:
Available in the FitMenCook app
Open this recipe in the FitMenCook app to add the ingredients to your shopping list, scale the recipe and track your calories. Enjoy!