Air Fryer Sweet Potato Pie Wontons Recipe
Imagine sweet, crispy goodness that reminds you of everything you love about the holidays! Well, that’s what we’re making today – Sweet Potato Pie wontons, a calorie-conscious, full-flavored “fried” treat!
One of the greatest kitchen innovations this decade is the air fryer. I was skeptical about it initially, but now I swear by it! Imagine having crispy-textured food that reminds you of your favorite fried foods BUT without excess bloat that ensues after eating.
I’ve tried several different brands, all with varying results and countertop styles. I was pretty hype to learn that Instant Pot created one very different from the majority on the market, the The Instant™ Vortex™ Plus Air Fryer Oven.
Two things I love about this air-fryer:
- the design! it’s super dope to be able to look inside and see your food cook, just like an oven. This helps with monitoring and figuring out cook times.
- the adjustable tray levels! Instead of having to remember to “shake a tray” or stir food midway through, I can better control how quickly the food cooks by moving it up or down. And the tray with vents helps better ensure even cooking all the way around.
Definitely recommend checking out their new Instant Family of products which includes The Instant™ Vortex™ Plus Air Fryer Oven, just in time for the holidays!
Air Fryer Wontons Recipe
- Set oven to 400F. Poke a few holes in the sweet potato using a fork, then wrap in aluminum foil. Bake in the oven for 40 minutes, or until soft. Allow to cool down to touch before making the wontons.
- Set air fryer to 400F to heat up.
- Mix together the ingredients for the spices in a bowl. Make sure it’s smooth.
- On a wonton, place 2 teaspoons of the filling in the middle of the wonton.
- Dip your finger in the egg white then drag it along the inner outer edges of the wonton to make sure the dough sticks together. Fold the wonton diagonally to create a triangle, then firmly squeeze the ends closed. Place the fill wonton on the air fryer tray and repeat.
- Lightly spray the wontons with oil before placing in the air fryer.
- Cook for 6 to 8 minutes, until the outside and edges are golden brown and crispy.
- While hot, sprinkle on Swerve confectioners sweetener as a substitute for powdered sugar.
Download the fitmencook app
Track your macros, plan your weekly meals, add recipes to your grocery list, as well as get access to over 500 healthy recipes by FitMenCook.