Healthy Air Fryer Tostones
Air Fryer Tostones Recipe
Prep Time 5 minutes
Cook Time 15 minutes
Total Time 20 minutes
- Set air-fryer to 420F.
- Peel the plantain by chopping off the ends and making a long slit along the side of the plantain, not too deep. Then peel off the skin.
- Chop the plantain into pieces no larger than 1-inch thick, then add them to the air-fryer basket, leaving adequate space between them.
- Air-fry for about 6 minutes or until golden brown. Remove from the air fryer.
- Mix together the seasoned water.
- Grab a coffee mug or bowl or flat surface and gently smash each piece of plantain to create the tostones.
- Dip the tostones in the seasoned water (one by one), then place it back in the air fryer basket. LET THEM DRY then spray them again with oil and place them back into the air fryer.
- Air fry for another 5 to 7 minutes, until the edges are golden brown and crispy. Pro-tip: I like to air fry mine for 4-5 minutes, then flip them over, and air-fry for an additional 2 – 3 minutes.
- Enjoy hot and fresh from the air fryer!
Download the fitmencook app
Track your macros, plan your weekly meals, add recipes to your grocery list, as well as get access to over 500 healthy recipes by FitMenCook.