Low Carb Air Fried Cauliflower Tots
Air Fryer Cauliflower Tots Recipe
- Set oven to 400F.
- Place floret in a microwaveable safe bowl. Add a 3 tablespoons of water to it. Cover and microwave the florets for no more than 3 minutes. Alternatively, bring some water to a boil in a large pot. Add the florets to a steamer basket, then cover and steam for 6 to 8 minutes. You DO NOT want the florets to be very tender.
- Place the florets in a food processor and pulse blend to create rice. DO NOT over do it and make it so fine like couscous. It should look like grains of rice.
- Dump the “rice” onto a cheesecloth or heavy duty paper towel. Fold up the ends and squeeze out as much water as possible. This is HUGELY important. DO NOT SKIP THIS STEP.
- Empty the “squeezed” rice into a bowl and add the remaining ingredients. Stir it up. If the mixture seems to dry after mixing, test out making a tot – once you squeeze the ingredients together, the moisture and the egg should be enough to hold it together. If it is still too dry, then simply add another lightly beaten egg.
- Form tots and place them on a baking tray lined with parchment, or in your air-fryer basket.
- Spray the tots with avocado oil right before baking or air-frying so the outside gets crispy.
- Cook for 8 to 10 minutes, or until the tots are golden brown. If you need to cook in batches, then do that. Don’t rush it.
- Enjoy with your favorite condiment, such as BBQ sauce or ketchup.
Download the fitmencook app
Track your macros, plan your weekly meals, add recipes to your grocery list, as well as get access to over 500 healthy recipes by FitMenCook.