2 Ways to Pimp an Avocado – Avocado Hummus & Avocado Cookies
The avocado is one of the most versatile and nutritious fruits you can add to your diet. It can be used in sweet or salty recipes and best used as a great substitute for oil or butter in several recipes.
- Place chickpeas, 1 garlic clove, juice from 1 lime and 1.5 tbsp olive oil in a food processor and blend until the consistency is smooth, or there are no chunks.
- Then add 1/2 tbsp cumin and 1.5 large ripe avocado (or 2 medium avocados) and blend until smooth. Add sea salt to taste. To keep the amount of fat at a minimum, I suggest adding more lime juice if it is too thick. Otherwise, add in 1 tbsp of extra virgin olive oil and blend until it is smooth.
Approximate macros for 5 equally divided portions (about 3 large tbsp)
Download the fitmencook app
Track your macros, plan your weekly meals, add recipes to your grocery list, as well as get access to over 500 healthy recipes by FitMenCook.
- Set oven to 350F.
- Mix oat flour, cacao powder, baking powder and baking soda. Set aside.
- In another bowl, mix 1 large avocado, coconut sugar and 1 egg.
- Mix in the flour and while blending, add almond milk.
- Toss in chocolate chunks and mix them in with your hands. The dough should be pretty sticky.
- Use a small scoop or spoon to evenly divide the cookie dough on a baking sheet.
- Bake in the oven for 8 to 10 minutes.