Every now and then a recipe comes along to save us from a boring, bland healthy diet. This was the one that saved the day for me. And if you let it, it can save you too!
These sweet potato sliders can be prepped so you can enjoy throughout the week, are family & kid friendly and will not break the bank.
Ingredients for 2 sliders:
- 200g (4 x 50g) sweet potato cut into semi-thick pieces
- 6oz turkey lunch meat
- 1 slice mozzarella cheese
- small handful of spinach
- 2 Roma tomato slices
- 2 tsp BBQ
- Set oven to 375F.
- Slice a sweet potato into 4 thick pieces to make the buns of the sliders. TIP: You can pre-bake the slider buns in the oven for about 8-10 minutes prior to assembling the slider. This will help ensure that buns are fully cooked when eating. Simply place them on a baking sheet and toss them in the oven. Just that easy!
- Cut the slice of mozzarella cheese into 4 pieces.
- On one sweet potato slice, add spinach, 1 tomato slice, 3oz turkey meat, 2 mozzarella cheese pieces, 1 tsp BBQ sauce.
- Top with the other sweet potato slice and jam a wooden kabob skewer all the way through the entire slider so that it pierces the sweet bun below.
- Repeat for the other slider.
- Place them on a baking sheet and bake for 30 minutes at 375F or until the sweet potato is cooked to desired firmness/softness. I prefer them to be firm so that you can hold it like a slider.
- Allow the sliders to cool before eating.
Approximate macros for each slider: