Save yourself $11/day and make your own salad wrap. But not just any wrap with iceberg lettuce, tomatoes and chicken; but a MEGA chicken, kale & quinoa salad wrap at half the cost! You can eat this salad separately or toss the salad in a wrap. Either way, it’s delicious!
Fully loaded it’s over 600 calories so it’s easy to customize to meet your fitness needs.
Ingredients for 1 serving:
- 5oz cooked chicken breast (chopped into pieces)
- 1 whole grain flour tortilla (I used one made with rolled oats and seeds)
- 1 cup wilted kale
- 3/4 cup spinach (heirloom or regular)
- 1/2 cup cooked quinoa
- 1/4 cup chopped red onion
- 1 tablespoon raisins (or your choice of naturally dried fruit)
- 5 tablespoon chopped walnuts
- 1 tablespoon shaved almonds
- 1 tablespoon chopped mint
- 1 tablespoon feta (or goat cheese)
- Juice from 1/2 lemon
- 2 tablespoons of Bragg Hawaiian Dressing & Marinade (or your favorite low calorie vinaigrette or dressing)
- Balsamic glaze
- Cook a batch of quinoa according to the instructions given on the package, then set it aside.
- Spray a skillet with olive oil and set it on medium high heat. Toss in chicken breasts and season them with a little sea salt and pepper.
- Once the chicken has finished cooking, remove the chicken from the skillet and allow it to cool down before cutting it into pieces.
- In the same skillet, toss in chopped kale with a few tablespoons of water. This will help to wilt and soften the kale. Do not overcook the kale – no more than two minutes. Remove the kale from the skillet and allow it to cool down to at least room temperature.
- Place the kale in a bowl and toss in the remaining ingredients for the salad. Mix the salad together using tongs, ensuring that the entire mixture is covered in the salad dressing.
- Dump the contents of the salad onto the whole grain tortilla and then add the chopped chicken breasts.
- Garnish with balsamic glaze then roll the tortilla to create the wrap.
*Remember to adjust portions and ingredients to complement your diet and fitness goals.*
Approximate macros for 1 serving:
623 calories, 56g protein, 63g carbs, 17g fat, 9g fiber, 13g sugar