This post is also available in: Spanish
Who says carbs have all the fun? You can still enjoy low-carb meals that are FULL on flavor and macronutrients. Here’s a low-carb spin on a “fully loaded baked potato.” And it’s easy to customize to fit a carnivorous or vegetarian diet. Guarantee you won’t be able to eat just one serving!
Ingredients for up to 4 servings:
- 1 medium head cauliflower
- 4 slices of turkey bacon (natural, nitrate free, uncured) OR (sauteed and shaved tempeh for vegans)
- 1/3 cup 2% Greek yogurt
- 1/3 cup chicken broth
- 1 tbsp garlic paste (or minced garlic)
- 1 tbsp Italian seasoning (or oregano)
- 4 tbsp reduced fat shredded cheddar cheese (optional, 1 tbsp per serving)
- chopped chives to taste
- sea salt & pepper to taste
- coconut oil spray
- High powered blender or food processor. I used the Vitamix 750.
- Chop stem and leaves from cauliflower head and add the remaining florets to boiling water. Boil cauliflower until it is soft.
- Cook turkey bacon in a nonstick skillet. Lightly spray with coconut oil so they become crispier when cooking. Allow them to cool on a paper towel and then chop into pieces.
- In a high-powered blender, add cauliflower, Greek yogurt, chicken broth, garlic and Italian seasoning. Pulse blend until smooth.
- Season to taste with sea salt & pepper. Add chopped chives and cheddar if desired.
Approximate macros for 1 of 4 equally-divided servings:
107 calories, 13g protein, 9g carbs, 4g fat, 4g fiber, 4.3g sugar
PIN AND SHARE