This post is also available in: Spanish
Instead of spending money on store-bought chips loaded with saturated fats and preservatives, make your own crispy baked sweet potato chips and season them to make them your own! Perfect snack food for game day.
Ingredients for up to 3 evenly divided servings of chips:
- 2 large sweet potatoes (roughly ~500g sweet potato)
- coconut oil spray
- sea salt
- rosemary (fresh, ground)
- mandolin (or sharp knife) to cut the potato
- wire rack for cooling
- Set oven to 300F.
- Slice a sweet potato into thin 1/8-inch thick pieces using a mandolin or a sharp knife. Keep in mind that chips that are too thick will take longer to bake and may not become crispy.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and place the slices on the baking sheet.
- Spray the pieces with coconut oil and sprinkle with sea salt and bake for 20 minutes at 300 F.
- Remove them from the oven and flip the slices over. Bake for another 20 minutes at 300F.
- Remove the chips and check for flimsy or loose slices. Set the firm slices on a rack to cool and harden, and place the flimsy slices back on the baking sheet and bake for another 10 minutes, being careful not to let the chips burn.
- Continue baking in increments of 8 to 10 minutes until the chips have hardened. Allow them to cool on a rack.
- Place the chips in a bowl, spray with coconut oil and sprinkle with fresh ground rosemary and garlic.
Approximate macronutrients for entire batch:
430 calories, 10g protein, 100g carbohydrates, 0g fat, 15g fiber, 20g sugar