4-Day High Protein Vegan Meal Plan
Whether you are vegan, vegetarian or just someone who is adventurous and likes to try new stuff from time to time, this meal plan is for you because the food is delicious, nourishing and completely plant-based. Today we have a highly requested high protein vegan meal plan.
Many of us are introducing more plant-based meals into our weekly meal plans. I recently convinced my dad to go vegan to help clear up a lot of his health issues and in just 4 months he’ll lost close to 40 pounds. The vegan diet plan is perfect for weight loss and it’s healthy! What a perfect combination.
PERSONALIZE THIS VEGAN MEAL PLAN IN MEAL PREP PRO
If you’re looking for more plant-based meal plans, just like this one, then make sure you check out the MealPrepPro app. The app is free to download and comes with a free trial. MealPrepPro will let you easily customize meal plans to your needs and will help you meal prep like a boss.
To try it out, make sure you download it for iPhone and iPad.
If you’re ready to get started, then here’s what you’ll need from the grocery store:
VEGAN MEAL PLAN AND GROCERY LIST
You’ll find most of the ingredients here at your local grocery store. However, some stores may not have ingredients such as Tempeh, so you may need to head to a healthy food store too.
- 3 tbsp milled flaxseed
- 4 tsp Coconut Sugar or palm sugar
- 2 tsp agave/apple bee-free honey
- 1 tsp stevia (optional) if your protein powder is quite sweetened you won’t need this
- 13 oz kidney beans, drained and rinsed
- 17 oz Coconut Yogurt
DRIED HERBS & SPICES
- 1.5 tbsp Italian seasoning blend
- 1 tbsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 32.5 fl oz Almond Milk (960ml)
FRESH HERBS & SPICES
- cilantro, optional
- fresh parsley
- 3 cloves of garlic (or garlic paste)
- 2 tbsp fresh ginger
- 8 oz Frozen Edamame beans or soya beans
- 8 oz Frozen Peas
- 12 oz veggie ground
FRUIT & VEG
- 1 Purple Cabbage (5 oz)
- Green onion
- 4 Apples
- 1 Lime
NUTS, SEEDS, WHOLEFOODS
- 2.1 oz Rolled Oats
- 6.5 oz brown rice, uncooked
- 4 tbsp Chia Seeds
- 4 tbsp sesame seeds
- 7 oz Whole wheat Spaghetti
- Olive oil spray
- Coconut oil spray (or just olive oil spray or vice versa)
- 3 tsp Sesame oil
- 8 tbsp soy sauce
- Chili Sauce/Sriracha as preferred
- 1 tsp ground nutmeg
- 16 oz Marinara (low sodium)
- 2 tsp Rice Vinegar
- 4 scoops plant based protein powder (I chose Vanilla)
- 3 tbsp wholewheat breadcrumbs
- 22 oz Tempeh
- 4 tbsp Peanut Butter
Apple Pie Smoothie
- Portion the dry ingredients into a bag or container for each morning. Set aside your apples so no one gets to them before you do!
- When it’s breakfast time, roughly chop the apple, discard the core. Add it to the blender with the almond milk, coconut yogurt and the prepped container of dry ingredients.
- Blend until smooth and enjoy!
Download the fitmencook app
Track your macros, plan your weekly meals, add recipes to your grocery list, as well as get access to over 500 healthy recipes by FitMenCook.
- Mix all of the ingredients for the spicy peanut sauce together
- Cut the tempeh into 1 inch (2.5cm) cubes
- Add sauce to the tempeh, stir, cover and marinade in the fridge for 2-3 hours or, ideally, overnight. Tempeh is really good at absorbing the flavors of the marinade
- Preheat the oven to 375°F / 190°C
- Cook the rice as per packet instructions
- Place the tempeh on a nonstick baking sheet, spray with some coconut oil, bake in the oven for 25-30 minutes. Save any leftover marinade for serving.
- Mix all of the ingredients for the cabbage together in a bowl and set aside to let it marinate
- Serve it up: To a bowl or meal prep container, add rice, cabbage and tempeh. Scoop a little extra of the Tempeh marinade on top as a sauce. Garnish with green onion.
- Place frozen peas and edamame in a microwave safe bowl. Add a splash of water and defrost in the microwave for around 30 seconds or until no longer frozen.
- In a small container, pot or jar, place seeds along with the peas and beans.
- Stir through soy sauce, chili and cilantro just before eating. Enjoy!
- Set oven to 400°F / 200°C
- Mix the flaxseed and water together in a small bowl.
- Place the beans in a food processor and blend to almost smooth.
- Mix all of the meatball ingredients together in a bowl including the flax and beans. Add the seasonings. Spray your hands with olive oil to make it easier to handle. Form mixture into golf ball sized balls with your hands. Trying to keep them all equal in size as much as possible.
- Add meatballs to the fridge or freezer, refrigerate for at least 20 mins and then place in the oven. This will help them firm up and stop them from falling apart.
- Spray a baking sheet with olive oil, add the balls to the tray. Spray with olive oil and place in the oven for 20 minutes.
- Meanwhile cook your pasta as per packet instructions in a pot of boiling salted water. Once cooked, drain and set aside.
- In a separate pan, heat the marinara sauce and add the balls as soon as they are cooked.
- Serve up the spaghetti with the juicy veggie meatballs on top