Vegan Flatbread With Sweet Potato
Today we have a healthy and easy vegan homemade flatbread recipe. Enjoy our video and see a list of ingredients below.
Vegan Flatbread Recipe
- Peel a raw sweet potato then chop it into large chunks, then place in a pot of boiling water. Boil for about 15 minutes or until soft. Set the pieces aside to cool.
- Place the cooled, measured sweet potato into a blender along with coconut milk. Blend until smooth.
- In a bowl, mix together almond flour, arrowroot flour and a pinch of sea salt. Then pour in the sweet potato batter and mix together in a bowl in a spatula until smooth. Note: It should be the consistency of pancake batter, thick and loose. If the batter is too thick, add single tablespoons of full-fat coconut milk to thin it out. If it is too thin/loose, add single tablespoons of almond flour AND arrowroot flour to thicken it (meaning, if you add a tablespoon of almond flour, also add a tablespoon of arrowroot).
- Set a nonstick skillet on medium-high heat, once hot, lightly spray with a little olive oil then pour in about 1/4 cup of the batter in the middle of the skillet, and use the bottom of the measuring cup to spread the batter out in the pan some. Allow the flatbread to cook and become firm, about 3 minutes, or until the outer edges turn slightly brown but NOT crispy. If it’s crispy then you either have too much oil in the skillet and/or the heat is too high. Flip it using a spatula and cook for an additional 2 to 3 minutes until the top and bottom are golden brown. Once the other side has cooked, then flip it over one last time and allow the flatbread to rise in the middle. Once it rises, remove from the skillet. Repeat for each piece.
- Set the flat breads on a cooling rack to cool and become more firm. For meal prep, allow these to completely cool, then wrap them individually in nonstick foil or plastic wrap for storage in the fridge. They should last about 6 to 7 days in the fridge.
- Enjoy with your favorite low-calorie topping or lean protein.
Download the fitmencook app
Track your macros, plan your weekly meals, add recipes to your grocery list, as well as get access to over 500 healthy recipes by FitMenCook.