4-Ingredient Vegan Chocolate Cookies
Are you looking for a tasty and filling snack that is also vegan-friendly? Well, this recipe is just for you! This simple and yummy recipe only uses 4 ingredients, so you can do this in the comfort of your home without taking up too much of your time. If you’re ready to roll up your sleeves and get your hands dirty, then it’s time for some vegan chocolate cookies!
Chocolate chip cookies are my go-to snacks if I’m craving something sweet. The only thing about chocolate chip cookies is that some recipes usually require too many ingredients. But, for this recipe, we’ll only be using four ingredients. Yes, only four ingredients!
For this recipe, we’ll be using super fine almond flour, cacao powder or dark chocolate powder, maple syrup, and chocolate chips made with stevia. Stevia is a plant-based sweetener that makes your chocolate chips oh-so-sweet! Get your ingredients and make sure to wash your hands before handling your ingredients.
We’ll start by putting our super fine almond flour in a bowl. Make sure to remove any clumps of flour by stirring it with a fork. Then, add in your dark chocolate powder to the almond flour. You can also use cacao powder, but use whatever is available to you. Add in your maple syrup next so we can form our batter. You can also use agave, but maple syrup gives it that gluey and sticky texture to the batter so it can be easier to manage. Lastly, add in your plant-based chocolate chips to give the cookies a little filling.
Next, place parchment paper on a baking tray and add in your batter and make sure they are evenly divided. Bake in the oven for 15 to 20 minutes, until the edges of the cookies, have hardened and browned. Let them cool first before digging in. You can also fill the cookies with almond butter cream if you desire to enjoy it as a treat.
Chocolate Vegan Cookies Recipe
Ingredients for 12 cookies
- 1/3 cup super fiine almond flour
- 1/2 cup + 1 tablespoon cacao powder or dark chocolate powder
- 6 tablespoons agave (OR maple syrup)
- 56g dark chocolate chips (made with Stevia)
- if desired FOR A TREAT, fill the cookies with a 1-2 teaspoons of creamy almond butter
- Set oven to 350F.
- Add all ingredients to a bowl and mix together. If the batter is too thin and not sticky enough, add tablespoons of almond flour until it thickens up. If the batter is too dry, add tablespoons of maple syrup.
- Add parchment paper to a baking try and add 12 heaping tablespoons of the batter to create 12 cookies.
- Bake in the oven for 15 to 20 minutes, until the edges of the cookie have somewhat hardened and browned.
- Allow them to slightly cool before enjoying.
Download the fitmencook app
Track your macros, plan your weekly meals, add recipes to your grocery list, as well as get access to over 500 healthy recipes by FitMenCook.