Tomatoes, Corn and Okra with Shrimp
Okra and Shrimp Recipe
- Season shrimp with sea salt & pepper.
- Set a skillet on high heat. Once hot, add shrimp and cook for about 2 – 3 minutes until there is a deep sear on it, then remove it from the skillet. We will finish cooking it later so no worries if it is not fully cooked just yet.
- Reduce the heat of the skillet to medium and once it has cooled down, add the oil, onions and bell pepper (and garlic if using). Cook for 3 to 5 minutes until the onions turn brown and translucent.
- Add remaining ingredients and stir. Bring the skillet to a light simmer, then cover and cook for 6 to 10 minutes. Ensure nothing is burning and reduce the heat OR add more broth if more liquid is needed.
- Remove the lid and fold in the shrimp. Cover and cook for an additional 5 minutes until everything is cooked through.
- Garnish and enjoy!
Download the fitmencook app
Track your macros, plan your weekly meals, add recipes to your grocery list, as well as get access to over 500 healthy recipes by FitMenCook.