Stuffed Chicken Breasts
This chicken breast recipe is so versatile due to the fact that you could change it around in terms of both what’s in it and outside of it! Nobody could hate on cheese stuffed chicken, so it is the perfect family dinner recipe. While this particular dish uses roasted red peppers, you can easily switch it out to become a spinach stuffed chicken breast with feta and cream cheeses to become a tasty Greek Chicken Athena recipe. The possibilities are endless.
There’s really not that much finesse that goes into stuffing chicken breast, be it spinach stuffed or otherwise. All you need to do is cut a pocket in the raw chicken breast, put the ingredients in, place it on a baking sheet or cast iron skillet, and bake it in your preheated oven. Since raw chicken can be a source of germs that could make you very sick, make sure the chicken reaches an internal temperature of at least 165 degrees Fahrenheit, just to be safe. You can also cook this in a crock pot and have it swimming in its tasty juices. Since the raw ingredients freeze well, feel free to stuff the raw chicken breasts and keep them frozen on hand. This way all you have to do is pop them in the oven until fully cooked, and you got yourself a weeknight meal that doubles as lunch fo the next day!
If you enjoyed this stuffed chicken breast recipe, please send me a message or drop me a comment below. I would love to hear how my recipes have changed your ideas of what healthy food could be. To me, nothing is more important than making it easy for you to reach your weight loss and fitness goals while also eating tasty and filling food. Be happy and healthy!
Enjoy Our Recipe!
Stuffed Chicken Breasts
- Fire up grill to 350F or set oven to 400F.
- Set a nonstick skillet on medium heat and add olive oil, garlic, onion and bell pepper. Saute for 1 minute, then toss in mushroom caps and squeeze in lemon. Cook and stir for 3 to 5 minutes until the onions are caramelized and the edges of the pepper are seared. Season to taste with sea salt & pepper.
- Season chicken breasts. Slice the chicken down it’s side to create a “pocket.” Do NOT butterfly the chicken, cutting it from top to bottom; slice it more so in the middle in order to create a deep pocket.
- Stuff each chicken with grilled veggies and 2 tablespoons of cheese.
- Place the chicken on the hot grill and cook for 20 minutes (flipping halfway), or until the juices of the chicken run clear and it is completely white.
- Serve immediately while hot; but, you can also eat these while cold, like chicken pizza! These are hearty pieces of protein so chop if them up for more than 1 serving.
Download the fitmencook app
Track your macros, plan your weekly meals, add recipes to your grocery list, as well as get access to over 500 healthy recipes by FitMenCook.