Spicy Tilapia Meal Prep
Tired and bored of eating bland fish by drenching it in condiments? Let’s spice that up with this quick and easy cajun-inspired spicy tilapia!
Tilapia is a colloquial term for mostly a hundred species of cichlid fish. They mainly inhabit freshwaters such as ponds, shallow streams, lakes, and rivers. A few are found in waters with a bit of salinity but not as much as seawater.
This mild-flavored lean fish is a good source of protein and has low fat and sodium content. It also contains essential fatty acids like omega-3 and omega-6 that strengthens the heart, joints, and vision. But still, always remember that everything in excess will not be beneficial to your health.
There are a lot of tilapia recipes that you can find online or even in books but this is one of the delicious and versatile dishes that you can do in your own kitchen.
All you need for this recipe is a wild-caught tilapia or other white fish fillet and a few spices that are most likely already available in your pantry.
It is super easy to make this oven-baked tilapia. You just have to mix a couple of ingredients or seasonings of your choice in a bowl then broil or bake the tilapia for a few minutes. It may be a cayenne pepper inspired, lemon-garlic seasoned, or even a sweet and spicy tasting fish depending on what you desire.
Loving this low-carb fish recipe? You might also love to check other recipes that would be a perfect match with this dish such as sauteed veggies or even some cauliflower rice!
Don’t forget to send me via an email or comment below your thoughts on this recipe as well as your own version of this dish! I would really love to read all your creative tweaks on it!
Happy healthy eating everyone!
Spicy Tilapia Meal Prep
- 1 1/2 lb wild-caught tilapia (raw)
- Spray olive oil
- Garnish: chopped parsley, lemon
- 1 tablespoon smoked paprika
- 1 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- few pinches of coarse ground pepper
- few pinches of sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon turmeric*
- Set grill or oven to 375F.
- Spray tilapia fillets with olive oil and add seasonings. Rub the seasonings into the fillets.
- Place the fillets on an outside grill – be sure to spray the grill with cooking spray first – or place them on parchment paper or nonstick baking sheet.
- Bake for about 8 to 10 minutes. The flesh of the tilapia should be completely white.
Approximate macros for 6oz of baked tilapia:
Available in the FitMenCook app
Open this recipe in the FitMenCook app to add the ingredients to your shopping list, scale the recipe and track your calories. Enjoy!