World’s Best Vegan Red Curry Chili
Hello fit foodies! Do you also believe that the discoveries of the best recipes are through fusion? This means, to make one amazing dish, there is an incorporation of tastes and styles of different cuisines, which is even better when you include your favorites as well!
Chili and curry are two of mine! How about you? This recipe I’m sharing with you is not just any typical curry, but the world’s best vegan red curry chili! It is perfect even for those on their special diets!
Curry is a variety of dishes that comes from the Indian subcontinent. It uses multiple combinations of spices and herbs. It commonly includes ground turmeric, ginger, coriander, and fresh or dried chilies.
Some use curry powder in their curry chili recipes. It is a pre-compounded mixture of the commonly used seasonings in a curry dish.
This curried chili is very easy to make and adjust according to your special diet needs. You can add whatever spices to make this more delicious. You can also include coconut milk like I did to make this coconut curry, for a more satisfying meal.
If you want this to have a higher content of protein, you can include pieces of chicken or even ground beef, but if you want it to be purely vegan, you can add veggies like diced potatoes or even slices of fresh ripe mangoes. Then, you can serve it with flatbread or tortillas to make it more filling.
Loving chili recipes? Add this right away to your meal plan! Let me know how this turned out for you by sending an email or dropping a comment below.
All of the things I’ve read from you inspire and motivate me more. It makes me work harder in my kitchen to provide you with more nutritious meal ideas for your everyday needs.
Nothing is more important than helping you to achieve your weight loss and fitness goals easily— as well as knowing how my recipes change your insight of healthy and filling foods.
World’s Best Vegan Red Curry Chili
Ingredients for 5 hearty servings
- 1 1/2 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 veggie burger patties – I recommend Beyond Meat
- 1 tablespoon garlic
- 2/3 cup diced red onion
- 4 tablespoons red curry paste
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1/2 (13.5oz) can OR ~6oz lite coconut milk
- 1 cup chickpeas, drained
- 1 can (14.5 oz) crushed tomatoes, drained
- 2 cups veggie broth, low sodium
- 1 cup cooked quinoa
- 1/3 cup fresh chopped cilantro
- sea salt & pepper to taste
- coconut (or soy) yogurt
- Set a nonstick skillet on medium heat and add 1/2 tablespoon of olive oil. Add the 4 burger patties and cook on both sides for 3 minutes each, careful not to burn them. Chop them up in the skillet using a spatula and cook for an additional 1 – 2 minutes. Set the chopped patties in a bowl and place the skillet back on the heat.
- Add 1 tablespoon olive oil, garlic and red onion. Cook until the red onion turns brown and translucent and be careful NOT to burn the garlic.
- Add red curry, chili powder and smoked paprika. Cook for about 2 minutes until it is very fragrant.
- Add the chickpeas and stir it up for 2 minutes.
- Add crushed tomatoes, coconut milk, veggie broth, quinoa and cilantro. Mix everything together, reduce heat and bring to a light simmer. Cover and cook for 15 minutes.
- Season to taste with sea salt & pepper.
- Garnish and enjoy!
Download the fitmencook app
Track your macros, plan your weekly meals, add recipes to your grocery list, as well as get access to over 500 healthy recipes by FitMenCook.