Low Carb Cajun Red Pepper Pasta with Shrimp Meal Prep
Ingredients for 3 servings
- 3 red bell peppers, roasted and peeled
- 1 can 14oz (211g) whole tomatoes in can
- 4 garlic gloves
- 1 cup basil (handful)
- 1 1/2 tablespoons The Fit Cook Southern Creole Cajun blend (or low sodium cajun seasoning)
- 2 tablespoons almond butter
- 4 large zucchini, julienned or spiralized
- 3 jumbo carrots, julienned or spiralized
- Shrimp (optional)
- 1 1/4 lb jumbo shrimp, peeled and deveined (OR 3 cups sliced portobello mushrooms)
- 1 cup sliced portobello mushrooms (OPTIONAL)
- 1 tablespoon The Fit Cook Southern Creole Cajun blend (or low sodium cajun seasoning)
- sea salt & pepper to taste
Set oven to broil.
Place the bell peppers on a baking tray lined with foil and broil for about 15 – 20 minutes, or until all the sides of the bell pepper are charred. Use tongs to turn the bell peppers every 7 – 8 minutes. Once they have finished cooking, allow them to cool to room temperature. Peel off the skin, remove the stem and scrape out seeds. Then place the bell peppers in a blender along with the rest of the ingredients for the sauce. Blend until smooth or to your desired consistency.
Set a nonstick skillet on high heat. Once hot spray with oil. Add the shrimp and sprinkle in The Fit Cook Southern Creole Cajun blend. Cook until the shrimp is cooked through and the edges are seared, about 6 to 8 minutes. Set the shrimp aside.
Allow the skillet to cool down, then place it on LOW heat. Add the julienned veggies and do a quick toss around the skillet. Then pour in some of the sauce (at a time) to begin to fold together. Careful NOT to drown the noodles.
Add the pasta to a plate, then top with shrimp (and/or mushrooms).
Enjoy one at home and another on-the-go as a cold pasta recipe!
ABOUT THE AUTHOR
Hey, I'm Kevin
My name is Kevin. My life changed when I realized that healthy living is a lifelong journey, mainly won by having a well-balanced diet and maintaining an active lifestyle.
By experimenting in the kitchen and sharing my meals on Tumblr, I learned healthy eating is not boring! By making a few adjustments to my favorite foods, I could design a diet that could help me achieve my wellness goals while satisfying my desire for BANGIN food! 😅 Now I try to help people around the world realize that same level of freedom in eating regardless of budget. Welcome, let's #DemocratizeWellness together!