Chicken Cheesy Meatballs & Orzo Medley
CHEESY CHICKEN MEATBALLS RECIPE
Ingredients for 15 servings
Serving size – 1 meatball
Meatballs (makes at least 15 golf-ball size balls)
- 1 1/4lb ground chicken (or turkey)
- 2 tablespoons dried chives
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 teaspoons Italian seasoning (optional)
- 3/4 cup shredded Parmesan
- 60g (or ~6 tablespoons) panko (or gluten free bread crumbs)
- pinch of sea salt & pepper
Set oven to 420F/216C.
Add all the ingredients for the chicken meatballs to a large bowl. Thoroughly mix together, then form meatballs. Note: lean ground meat tends to be very sticky so I like to spray my hands with a little olive oil while rolling the meatballs so they are easier to make.
Place the meatballs on a baking tray lined with parchment paper and make sure they have space.
Bake in the oven for NO MORE than 12 minutes. I bake mine for 8 – 10 minutes at 420F. Set aside once finished.
Vegetable Orzo Medley
Ingredients for 5 servings
- 1 large zucchini, chopped into 1-inch pieces
- 1 large yellow squash, chopped into 1-inch pieces
- Spray olive oil
- 2 teaspoons Italian seasoning
- Sea salt & pepper to taste
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 cup bell peppers, diced
- 1 tablespoon fresh garlic, minced
- 1/3 cup onion, diced
- 1/3 cup Kalamata olives, chopped (optional)
- ~3 cups cooked (wheat) orzo
- SUBSTITUTE: wheat pasta; brown rice
- 3 cups marinara (optional)
- Fresh chopped parsley
- Shredded Parmesan (a pinch on each serving), optional
Set oven to 420F/216C.
Cook orzo according to the instructions given on the package.
Line a baking sheet with parchment paper or foil and add chopped veggies. Lightly spray with olive oil and then add Italian seasoning and a pinch of sea salt & pepper. Mix it up on the sheet. Bake in the oven for 15 – 20 minutes. Once done, set aside.
Set a nonstick skillet on medium heat, add olive oil, garlic, bell peppers, olives and onion. Cook until onions turn brown and slightly translucent, about 3 minutes.
Add cooked orzo and stir, then reduce heat to low and pour in the marinara. If it is too thick, add a few tablespoons of water. Then fold in the meatballs (see above) and the roasted veggies. Remove from the heat.
Garnish and enjoy!
ABOUT THE AUTHOR
Hey, I'm Kevin
My name is Kevin. My life changed when I realized that healthy living is a lifelong journey, mainly won by having a well-balanced diet and maintaining an active lifestyle.
By experimenting in the kitchen and sharing my meals on Tumblr, I learned healthy eating is not boring! By making a few adjustments to my favorite foods, I could design a diet that could help me achieve my wellness goals while satisfying my desire for BANGIN food! 😅 Now I try to help people around the world realize that same level of freedom in eating regardless of budget. Welcome, let's #DemocratizeWellness together!