Apple Cranberry Chopped Chicken Salad & Creamy Peach Dressing
Apple & Cranberry Chopped Chicken Salad
Ingredients for 5 servings
- 1 1/2lb chicken breast, chopped
- 2 tablespoons The Fit Cook Land seasoning
- 1 tablespoon dried powdered fennel (or sage)
- pinch of sea salt & pepper
- spray oil
- 5 cup (rainbow) Swiss chard, stem removed and well chopped
- 4 cups baby bok choy, chopped (or green lettuce)
- 3 radish, chopped into matchsticks
- 3 green onions, chopped
- 1 medium honeycrisp apple, thinly sliced or chopped
- 1/2 cup unsweetened dried cranberries
- 1 cup canned unsweetened mandarins or tangerines, drained
- sesame seeds (I used black)
- feta (optional – just account for the macros)
Season chicken (or your choice of protein) with seasonings and sea salt & pepper. Set a carbon steel pan on medium high heat, and once hot, spray with avocado oil. Add the chicken and cook until sear marks appear on the outside and it is cooked through, about 8 – 10 minutes. Set aside to COMPLETELY cool, then chop into small pieces.
In a large bowl, add ALL of the ingredients and lightly toss together the ingredients using your hands.
Pour in about 1/3 cup of the peach dressing (see below) lightly toss again to massage and coat the leaves.
Divide into equal portions and add dressing to your liking. Garnish and enjoy!
Creamy Ginger Peach Dressing
Ingredients for 10 servings
1 serving = 2 tablespoons
- 1 large peach, chopped
- 2 tablespoons low sodium tamari or soy
- 2 tablespoons white or rice vinegar
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 2 teaspoons Sriracha (or more/less to taste)
- 1 heaping tablespoon fresh ginger (1.5-2 inch piece)
- 4 tablespoons avocado oil (or neutral oil)
- 2 tablespoons sesame oil
Add all the ingredients to a blender and blend until smooth.
Store in an airtight container in the fridge.
ABOUT THE AUTHOR
Hey, I'm Kevin
My name is Kevin. My life changed when I realized that healthy living is a lifelong journey, mainly won by having a well-balanced diet and maintaining an active lifestyle.
By experimenting in the kitchen and sharing my meals on Tumblr, I learned healthy eating is not boring! By making a few adjustments to my favorite foods, I could design a diet that could help me achieve my wellness goals while satisfying my desire for BANGIN food! 😅 Now I try to help people around the world realize that same level of freedom in eating regardless of budget. Welcome, let's #DemocratizeWellness together!