Air Fried Cauliflower & Chipotle Aioli
AIR FRYER CAULIFLOWER RECIPE
Ingredients for 3 servings
- 1 head of regular cauliflower, stems removed leaving florets
- 1 1/2 teaspoons cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon coriander
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 cayenne
- pinch of sea salt & pepper
- 1 1/2 tablespoons avocado oil (or other oil with a high smoke point)
- 1 tablespoon arrowroot starch, optional but recommended for a crispier coating
- SUBSTITUTE: corn starch, tapioca flour
Set air-fryer to 400F (up to 420F).
Remove stems from cauliflower and place florets in a bowl. Sprinkle in the seasonings, arrowroot and oil, then toss to thoroughly coat.
Place the florets in the air-fryer basket or on a baking tray lined with parchment pepper. Bake for 25 – 30 minutes and SHAKE HALFWAY through the baking process.
Season to taste with sea salt & pepper, then enjoy with chipotle aioli.
Easy Chipotle Aioli
Ingredients to make 8 servings (or 1 – 1 1/4 cups)
Serving size: ~2 tablespoons
- 2 egg yolks
- 1 chipotle pepper in adobo
- 1 tablespoon chipotle pepper sauce in adobo
- 3 garlic cloves
- pinch of raw sugar (1/2 teaspoon)
- juice from 1/2 lemon
- 2/3 cups avocado oil
- SUBSTITUTE: olive oil, safflower oil, grapeseed oil, macadamia nut oil
- sea salt & pepper to taste (note: add a pinch of pepper first since canned chipotle peppers are kinda salty)
In a high powered blender or food processor, add all ingredients EXCEPT for the oil. Pulse blend to combine all the ingredients. Then place the blender on a SLOW, constant speed. As it blends, slowly pour in the oil.
Keep the speed low and steady until it thickens and aioli forms.
Store in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 3 weeks.
ABOUT THE AUTHOR
Hey, I'm Kevin
My name is Kevin. My life changed when I realized that healthy living is a lifelong journey, mainly won by having a well-balanced diet and maintaining an active lifestyle.
By experimenting in the kitchen and sharing my meals on Tumblr, I learned healthy eating is not boring! By making a few adjustments to my favorite foods, I could design a diet that could help me achieve my wellness goals while satisfying my desire for BANGIN food! 😅 Now I try to help people around the world realize that same level of freedom in eating regardless of budget. Welcome, let's #DemocratizeWellness together!