Prosciutto Wrapped Halibut with Roasted Pepper Wild Rice
Prosciutto Wrapped Halibut
- Season fillets with garlic, onion and black pepper, rub generously. Tightly wrap each piece of fish in prosciutto.
- Set a nonstick skillet on medium high heat. Once hot, add olive oil, then add the fish. Sear the fish on each side for 3 to 4 minutes. Once the fish has cooked through, about 6 to 8 minutes, reduce the heat to low-medium and add the optional butter. When the butter melts, continuously spoon the butter over the fish.
- Remove from the fish from the skillet and let it settle for 3 to 5 minutes before enjoying. Add a pinch of sea salt to taste if necessary, just remember that prosciutto tends to be high in sodium so it may not be needed.
Download the fitmencook app
Track your macros, plan your weekly meals, add recipes to your grocery list, as well as get access to over 500 healthy recipes by FitMenCook.
- Set oven to 430F.
- Place a red bell pepper on a baking tray lined with parchment or foil, then roast for 20-25 minutes until the skin is seared and blistered. Set the bell pepper aside to cool. When it has cooled enough to touch, remove the skin and the seeds inside (this is an important step). Then dice into small pieces.
- Rinse rice under water before cooking to prevent the rice sticking together once cooked. Bring a pot of water & salt to boil, then add the wild rice. Reduce to simmer then cover and cook for 12 – 15 minutes until rice has absorbed the liquid. Once the rice has cooked, flake with a fork. If the rice is sticking together (i.e., clumping, etc), run under warm water using a strainer, shake the rice dry, then set aside.
- Place the rice and the remaining ingredients in a bowl and mix. Season to taste with sea salt & pepper. Enjoy this rice hot or cold.