Plantain Popcorn Chicken (Chopped Salad)
Popcorn Chicken Salad Recipe
- Set air-fryer to 400F (or 420F in the oven).
- Add plantain chips to a sealable bag, then crush the chips into crumbs for the chicken coating. Place the crumbs in a large bowl along with the other seasonings in the batter.
- Season chicken breast pieces.
- Then dip the chicken in the egg, then the plantain crumbs and then place in the air-fryer basket OR on a baking tray lined with parchment paper.
- Before baking, lightly spray them with avocado oil or another high smoke point oil. Bake for 10 – 15 minutes until the outside is golden brown and the center is cooked through. Note: with smaller pieces of chicken, the cooking time will decrease.
- After frying, add a pinch of sea salt & pepper to taste. Enjoy with your favorite condiment OR with a chopped salad! Use the avocado crema recipe as a dressing if you prefer! For the salad, place all your preferred ingredients on a cutting board or sheet, then use a large knife to continually chop everything together.
Download the fitmencook app
Track your macros, plan your weekly meals, add recipes to your grocery list, as well as get access to over 500 healthy recipes by FitMenCook.