Orange Honey Sriracha Chicken
Add some sweets and spice to your week’s meal with my orange honey sriracha chicken.
Here’s another quick and easy meal prep recipe to save you from having #StruggleChicken all week long! And as always, it’s easy to tweak to compliment your diet and goals.
You can customize the marinade to make it just right for you by adding more honey or Sriracha. Be careful because they can increase calories. If you want to reduce the amount of calories from carbs, you add less honey and use a natural sweetener such as coconut sugar or Stevia. If you like it more spicy, try by adding crushed red pepper.
Also if you want a lower calorie meal, the choice of meat is important too. Chicken breasts have fewer calories than chicken thighs, chicken wings or any other part. In this recipe, I used chicken breast.
Use a larger bowl to make the marinade. Add sesame oil, Sriracha sauce, organic honey and fresh orange peel. Season with a pinch of sea salt and pepper. Mix all the ingredients and add the chicken breasts. Make sure all the pieces are covered and marinate for half an hour.
Set your oven or grill to 375F.
You can slice the chicken breasts down the middle, to make thinner pieces and reduce cooking time. In that way, you’ll be sure that the chicken is completely cooked.
Grill the chicken breasts for 10 minutes on each side. Pour the rest of the marinade over the chicken when you flip it over. I used mini bamboo sticks for easier flipping.
Serve with your choice of carbs or fresh veggies, and enjoy!
If you like honey sriracha chicken, I have good news, fit foodies! Fitmen app is available for Android and Apple devices! In just a few taps, you can easily explore more recipes such as sriracha chicken kebabs and more.
Orange Honey Sriracha Chicken
- Set your grill or oven to 375F.
- In a bowl or large, sealable plastic bag, add the contents for the marinade and mix together well. Taste the marinade and customize to your liking with the ingredients and sea salt & pepper; and be careful not to add in too much more honey. The marinade should be spicy with a hint of “sweet orange” flavor.
- Add the chicken to the bowl or bag and ensure that all the pieces are covered in the marinade. Allow to marinade for at least 30 minutes. If you marinate it in the refrigerator, allow the chicken to settle in the marinade at room temperature before cooking.
- Place the chicken on a baking sheet or on the grill. Bake for about 15-20 minutes until the juices from the chicken run clear. Flip the chicken halfway through so each side cooks for about 8 – 10 minutes. Use any leftover marinade to baste the chicken when you flip it over – just remember, to let it cook after basting since the raw chicken marinaded in it. If you have thick pieces of chicken breasts, your cooking time will likely increase; however, I suggest slicing the chicken breasts down the middle, to make thinner pieces, to reduce overall cooking time and to ensure that the chicken is completely cooked.
- In the photos shown here, I used chicken tenders and skewered them with mini-bamboo sticks.
Approximate macros for 1 of 12:
Available in the FitMenCook app
Open this recipe in the FitMenCook app to add the ingredients to your shopping list, scale the recipe and track your calories. Enjoy!