Date Night Meal – Mediterranean Salmon in Tomato Sauce
Mediterranean Salmon Recipe
- Set oven to broil.
- Spray whole tomatoes with avocado oil and season them with a pinch of sea salt & pepper. Roast the tomatoes in the oven for 10- 12 minutes, or until soft and blistered. Remove and set aside.
- Reduce the heat of the oven to 400F.
- Season salmon filet with a bit of olive oil and Sea blend.
- Set a skillet on high heat. Once hot, add 1 1/2 tablespoons olive oil, then add the salmon fillet skin-side UP. Sear the salmon for 1 – 2 minutes, then remove from the skillet.
- Reduce the heat of the skillet to medium. Once the skillet has cooled down, add remaining olive oil, onion, garlic and capers. Caramelize for 2 to 3 minutes, until the onions have turned slightly brown and translucent.
- Add the roasted tomatoes to the skillet. Use the spatula to gently press on the tomatoes so they explode to create a natural tomato sauce.
- Once all the tomatoes have exploded to create a sauce, add chicken broth and tomato paste, then stir to create a tomato sauce. Bring the sauce to a light simmer and add the remaining ingredients, frequently stirring. If you desire a thicker sauce, add another tablespoon of tomato paste. If you prefer a thinner sauce, add tablespoons of vegetable or chicken broth until you reach your desired consistency. Season to taste with sea salt & pepper.
- Nestle the salmon in the skillet with the tomatoes, then bake for 8 – 10 minutes at 400F.
- Garnish and enjoy!
Download the fitmencook app
Track your macros, plan your weekly meals, add recipes to your grocery list, as well as get access to over 500 healthy recipes by FitMenCook.