3-Day Low Carb Mediterranean Diet Plan
Here’s a SIMPLE, 2000-ish calorie Mediterranean diet plan that you can easily customize for your goals. You can be in and out of the kitchen in under 1 hour if you can multi-task!
- 3 medium avocados
- Medium red onion
- 4 limes
- 2 bundles parsley
- Bundle spinach
- Frozen peas
- Head of cauliflower
- Carton cherry tomatoes
- 1 medium cucumber
- 3 lemons
- 18oz Crimini (or portobello) mushroom caps
- Fresh garlic
- Carton of eggs
- 1 1/4 lb chicken breast (tenders)
- Olive oil
- Spray olive oil
- The Fit Cook Spice Blends
- Italian seasoning
- Dried oregano
- Ground sage
- Dried rosemary
- Ground fennel
- Sea salt & cracked pepper
- Vegan Worcestershire (or regular)
- Low sodium Tamari
- 2% cottage cheese (or Greek yogurt)
- Feta crumble
- Sourdough (or your choice of) bread
- Unsweetened almond milk
- Vegetable broth
- Low Carb whey or vegan protein powder
Avocado Egg Guacamole on Sourdough
Lightly spray sourdough with olive oil and a pinch of sea salt & pepper. Toast for 4 to 6 minutes to desired darkness.
In a (stone) bowl mix together the remaining ingredients and season to taste with sea salt & pepper and fresh lime.
Add tomato and spinach to the toast, followed by the guacamole!
Download the fitmencook app
Track your macros, plan your weekly meals, add recipes to your grocery list, as well as get access to over 500 healthy recipes by FitMenCook.
- Grate the head of cauliflower into a large mixing bowl. Add the remaining ingredients for the tabbouleh and toss together. Season to taste with sea salt & pepper, then cover and place in the fridge until it’s ready to be enjoyed. Divide it evenly between your meal containers and garnish with fresh lemon.
- Season chicken with spices and blends.
- Set a nonstick skillet on medium high heat and once hot, add oil.
- Add the chicken tenders and cook for 4 to 6 minutes on each side or until the chicken is cooked through.
- Divide the chicken into desired portions and add each portion to the meal container with tabbouleh. If desired, add one tablespoon of feta to each serving.
- Garnish with fresh lemon.
- Set a nonstick skillet on medium heat. When hot, add olive oil, garlic and onions. Cook for 3 to 5 minutes, or until the onions turn brown and slightly translucent. Add a pinch of salt as the onions cook.
- Add sliced crimini mushrooms and cook until the mushrooms begin to wilt and shrink in size, about 3 minutes.
- Sprinkle in the seasonings as the mushrooms cook and stir for 1 minute.
- Pour in the veggie broth, Worcestershire and low sodium Tamari. Stir and increase the heat slightly to bring to a low simmer. Wilt the mushrooms further in the sauce and let the majority of the liquid evaporate, about 5 minutes.
- Add almond milk and fold in the peas. Remove the skillet from the heat and continue stirring so the peas thaw.
- Garnish with fresh parsley and red pepper flakes, if desired, and enjoy with freshly steamed cauliflower rice to make it even heartier BUT keep it lower in carbs.