Low-Carb Chicken Alfredo Bake
Instead of making normal fettuccine alfredo with half and half, try this creamy chicken alfredo low carb bake. It is a great alternative to the recipe you may be used to. We switched out traditional alfredo pasta with cauliflower and your normal alfredo sauce with one made from coconut milk instead of heavy cream. Rather than spending money at Olive Garden, you can save it for a rainy day and be more healthy with this recipe. With a little effort, it is easy to eat healthy without having to miss out on comforting foods with delicious flavor.
The benefit of using cauliflower is the fiber it contains and the removal of refined carbs. Not having normal wheat pasta is great for your digestion and gut bacteria. It is important to watch how much-refined carbs you eat, since too much sugar and starches with not enough fiber is a common cause of health issues. Cauliflower can replace most starches such as crusts, pasta, and rice, making it a great vegetable!
As a leafy green, spinach is a great source of fiber, vitamins such as vitamin A, C, and K, and minerals like magnesium, calcium, and iron. Leafy greens such as spinach are moist and help to motivate healthy body functions, which is something the motivated athlete can never have too much of. It is important that you include a lot of leafy greens in your diet for that very reason.
If you worried that a home made pasta sauce would be too hard or rich, have no fear. This easy pasta sauce recipe is light and healthy yet still delicious, a perfect pasta sauce that can be made to fit your flavor and diet needs. The chicken recipe can be made easier using an instant pot or a slow cooker. Garnished with parsley and dried basil, this quick and easy family dinner recipe will help to keep every one nourished, healthy, and happy. Just make sure to have lots of paper towels on hand since the creamy sauce can get a little messy.
If you enjoyed this chicken alfredo recipe with finely chopped basil for week night dinners or pre-made lunches, please drop me a comment or send me a message. I would love to hear from you! Keep happy and healthy!
Low-Carb Chicken Alfredo Bake
- Set oven to 400F.
- Make cauliflower rice. Add florets to a food processor and pulse blend to create cauliflower rice.
- Sauté onion, garlic, oregano for 2 to 3 minutes until they turn brown and translucent. Add the spinach and cook for about 2 minutes until it wilts. Add the cauliflower rice and fold everything together. Cook for 2 minutes.
- Lastly, add coconut milk, parmesan, pepper and cooked chicken (as well as the optional fresh basil).
- Evenly divide the filling into small baking tins or a large casserole dish. Top with panko and parmesan. Lightly spray the top with a little coconut oil before baking.
- Bake for 25 minutes or until the top is golden brown and crunchy.
Download the fitmencook app
Track your macros, plan your weekly meals, add recipes to your grocery list, as well as get access to over 500 healthy recipes by FitMenCook.