Low Carb Cajun Shrimp Bowl
Cajun Shrimp Bowl Recipe
Prep Time 5 minutes
Cook Time 30 minutes
Total Time 35 minutes
- Set a large nonstick pot on high heat. Once hot, add oil and shrimp. Sear and cook the shrimp until plump and sear marks appear along the edges, about 5 minutes. Remove the shrimp from the pot.
- Add the chopped sausage and cook for 2 minutes to get a good sear.
- Reduce the heat to medium and add garlic, onion, bell pepper and celery. Cook for about 3 minutes, until the onions turn brown and translucent.
- Fold in the cauliflower rice and my cajun spice mix. Continuously fold everything together, ensuring all the ingredients are covered in seasoning.
- Add the remaining ingredients and bring to a gentle simmer on LOW heat. Halfway cover the pot and cook until about 85% of the liquid has been evaporated, leaving a creamy thick “rice” mixture, at least 20 minutes.
- Remove the bay leaves, fold in the shrimp and season to taste with sea salt & pepper.
- Garnish with parsley and enjoy!
Download the fitmencook app
Track your macros, plan your weekly meals, add recipes to your grocery list, as well as get access to over 500 healthy recipes by FitMenCook.