Quick Korean-inspired Beef & Rice
Try our quick Korean beef and rice recipe. For more healthy meat recipes click here.
Korean Beef and Rice Recipe
Prep Time 5 minutes
Cook Time 15 minutes
Total Time 20 minutes
- Mix together the ingredients for the sauce and set aside. As an alternative to this sauce, you can just use Gochujang.
- Set a skillet on HIGH heat. Once hot, lightly spray with a little avocado oil and aadd sugar snap peas. Let the peas rest in the skillet for a minute – without stirring – in order to let them sear. Then begin stirring the peas with a spatula. Cook for 2 to 3 minutes, then remove from the skillet.
- Reduce the heat to medium high heat, add a drop of oil, then add the beef. Begin chopping up the meat in the skillet, then add garlic, onions and ginger. Continue chopping and stirring the beef while folding in the onions, garlic and ginger. Cook for 6 to 8 minutes.
- When the beef is nearly finished, reduce the heat to low then pour in the sauce. Stir and ensure all the beef is covered in the sauce. Remove from the heat.
- Garnish with sesame oil, green onion, sesame seeds and jalapeño (if desired).
- Enjoy with a serving of brown rice OR steamed cauliflower rice.
Download the fitmencook app
Track your macros, plan your weekly meals, add recipes to your grocery list, as well as get access to over 500 healthy recipes by FitMenCook.