Healthy Lasagna Rollups
Hello to all, especially to the pasta lovers like me! Here’s to another family-friendly, satisfying, and healthy pasta dish — Spinach lasagna!
One of the great things about this dish is that you can make the whole recipe and put some of it in the freezer. You can cook them later on when you crave for a pasta meal.
These lasagna roll-ups are perfect for weekly meal prep dinners. Plus, you don’t have to worry anymore about overeating. By this method, you have better control of the calories and macronutrients you will consume.
For the lasagna noodles, I use brown rice lasagna sheets that are organic and gluten-free. These sheets have the same taste and texture as the regular ones, and you may not even notice a difference between the two when used on lasagna recipes.
Using these organic sheets together with spinach, which is considered as a superfood, makes this lasagna roll loaded with tons of nutrients such as protein, iron, vitamins, minerals, and dietary fibers.
The roll-ups are very easy to make and customize. You can add ricotta cheese and ground beef instead of the cottage cheese and turkey meat used in this recipe. Other alternative ingredients on this dish would be fine as well.
Remember to send me an email or drop a comment below about your insights on this dish! Also, feel free to share your adjustments or modifications on this recipe and how it went for you.
Knowing how you’re enjoying my recipes as well as how it helps you to achieve your weight loss and fitness goals easier is very important to me. It overwhelms and inspires me to know that you’re loving the dishes I’m sharing with you.
Have a great pasta day my dearest fit foodies! Live happily and stay healthy always!
Healthy Lasagna Rollups
- Set oven to 375F.
- Boil whole wheat or brown rice lasagna sheets according to the instructions given on the package. **Be very careful not to overcook them. You want them to be soft, yet firm so they will hold once you roll them.** When they are finished cooking, rinse them under cold water and place them on parchment paper.
- In a bowl, mix together the ingredients for the creamy spinach sauce and set aside in the refrigerator.
- Spray a skillet with coconut oil and set on medium high heat. Sauté red onions and mushrooms with garlic. Cook until the onion has browned and turned clear.
- Add the lean ground turkey and cook. Chop the turkey with a wooden spatula as it cooks in order to break it up and make it as fine as possible.
- Add the seasonings, oregano and red pepper, and stir and chop.
- When the turkey is about 90% cooked, pour in the tomato sauce and chopped tomatoes. Continue stirring until the meat is completely cooked. Season to taste with sea salt & pepper.
- Evenly spread about 2 to 3 tablespoons of the creamy spinach mixture on one of the lasagna sheets. Then, add about 2 – 3 tablespoons of the marinara. Roll it up and place it in a baking dish.
- Pour the remaining marinara over the lasagna rolls, then sprinkle the mozzarella on top.
- Cover the pan with aluminum foil, then bake in the oven for about 30 minutes.
Approximate macros for 1 of 8 rolls:
Available in the FitMenCook app
Open this recipe in the FitMenCook app to add the ingredients to your shopping list, scale the recipe and track your calories. Enjoy!