Healthy Chicken Pho
I’m really excited about this chicken pho recipe because I didn’t realize before, there’s a lot of you who like noodle soup like me.
I’m gonna show you a really easy way to make a healthier version of this recipe, using complex carbs, much less soya, and less fat.
The main things for phở recipe are no-salt chicken broth, chicken breast, brown rice noodles, garlic paste, onions and seasonings.
The first thing you need to do is to add cinnamon, green cardamom seeds, cloves, fennel seeds, lemongrass and star anise into a cheesecloth, and to tie a knot around.
Then, spray a pot with coconut oil, toss in onion and garlic paste, and saute until the onions turn brown. Pour in chicken broth and water, and add a cheesecloth to it. Cover and cook for at least 30 minutes.
Boil water in a separate pot and cook chicken breasts for 6 to 8 minutes. In another pot, boil water and cook the brown rice noodles. Be careful not to overcook them. Season with sea salt to taste.
Add your portion of noodles and chicken to a bowl and pour in the broth. Finish with the garnish.
One of the most important ingredients to finish up your pho is the garnish. I love to put basil, cilantro, lime, bean sprouts, red and green onions, jalapeno and red pepper to boost the flavor of the pho.
Enjoy your hot chicken pho soup with your whole family. Don’t forget to share with us how you like it. Comment down below your opinion or send me an email. I love to hear from you guys.
If you’re out of ideas and recipes, download the Fitmencook app and enjoy all of my healthy, easy recipes that will help you to stay full and fit. Explore and find a lot of different recipes according to your taste.
Healthy Chicken Pho
Ingredients for about 3 servings:
- 6 cups no salt added chicken broth (or you can use 7 cups broth with 2 cups water for added flavor)
- 3 cups water (or 2 cups water with 7 cups broth for added flavor)
- ~1 lb skinless chicken breast
- 4oz brown rice noodles
- 2 tbsp garlic paste
- 2/3 cup chopped onion
- sea salt to taste
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 4-5 green cardamom pods/seeds (for extra flavor, break these open)
- 4 cloves
- 1.5 tsp fennel seeds
- 1/2 tbsp lemongrass
- 1 star anise (recommended if you can find it)
- red onion
- green onions
- bean sprouts
- red pepper
- Cut a cheesecloth into a square. Add seasonings to the cheesecloth and then tie a knot around the cheesecloth to secure the seasonings.
- Slice yellow onion into thin pieces.
- Spray a pot with coconut oil and set on medium high heat. Toss in onion and garlic paste. Sauté until the onions brown and become translucent.
- Pour chicken broth and water into the pot and allow it to boil. Reduce heat so that it simmers and add the cheesecloth pouch with the seasonings. Cover and cook for at least 30 minutes. Add sea salt to taste.
- Boil water in a separate pot and toss in chicken breast. Cook for about about 6 to 8 minutes until the chicken has completely cooked, be careful not to overcook. Remove from the water and set aside. Once the chicken has somewhat cooled, pull the chicken apart into pieces.
- In another pot, boil water and cook the brown rice noodles according to the instructions. Careful not to overcook so they do not turn to mush. Drain the noodles and set aside.
- Add your portion of noodles and chicken to a bowl. Pour in the chicken broth, then add the garnish and don’t forget the lime!
Approximate macros for 1 of 3 servings:
Available in the FitMenCook app
Open this recipe in the FitMenCook app to add the ingredients to your shopping list, scale the recipe and track your calories. Enjoy!