Harissa Meatballs & Stuffed Pita
Savory Spiced Harissa Meatballs
Prep Time 5 minutes
Cook Time 15 minutes
Total Time 20 minutes
- Set oven to 400F.
- In a bowl, thoroughly mix together the ingredients for the meatballs using your hands or a spatula. Form 15 – 16 small golfball sized (or smaller) meatballs.
- Set a skillet on high heat, once hot spray with oil, then add the meatballs. Sear the meatballs on the outside for 1 – 2 minutes. Note: if your skillet is too small to hold all the meatballs, sear them in batches and add them to a baking tray lined with parchment.
- Once the meatballs have been seared, place them in the oven to cook through for 8 to 10 minutes. Then set aside and garnish.
- While the meatballs are baking, mix together the ingredients for the sauce.
- Enjoy the meatballs with the dipping sauce, or make a loaded Harissa meatball pita! (see below)
Download the fitmencook app
Track your macros, plan your weekly meals, add recipes to your grocery list, as well as get access to over 500 healthy recipes by FitMenCook.
Spread Harissa sauce on the pita, add the remaining ingredients to the pita, then fold it closed.