Four Healthy 4-Ingredient Recipes
You have heard of five ingredient recipes, here’s some four ingredient meals that are a breeze to put together and delicious to boot! Before we start, remember that preparing all the ingredients beforehand will cut your prep time down by a lot, making these recipes great for easy dinners or fast lunches. We have a line up of chili with cauliflower couscous, vegetarian lasagna rolls, turkey burger with avocado, egg, and sweet potato hash, and a chicken pineapple stir fry, These recipes are all healthy and very diet friendly, but packed with flavor and creativity,
Throw the ingredients for the chili into the slow cooker for a set and forget type of meal. The cauliflower makes this meal a keto option with very little carbs. Spoon the chili over the cauliflower, and freeze the rest for a rainy day. Vegetarian lasagna rolls taste just as good as their meat counterparts, with veggie ground crumbles that have the same texture and flavor as ground beef. Cut it into portions once done and portion it out for left over lunch or pre-made dinner meals. Is this turkey burger with avocado, egg, and sweet potato hash breakfast, lunch, or dinner? The great thing is that it can be as all three! Lean ground turkey and egg for protein, some avocado for healthy fats, and sweet potato hash for an energy boost of carbs. For the chicken and pineapple stir fry, instead of chicken breasts, you can use pork tenderloin or pork chops for a different flavor. Get multi colored bell pepper types for a beautiful presentation as well. Skip the brown sugar since the fruit will give it just enough sweetness.
If you enjoyed these healthy four ingredient recipes, please send me a message or drop me a comment below. I would love to hear how my recipes have changed your ideas of what healthy food could be. To me, nothing is more important than making it easy for you to reach your weight loss and fitness goals while also eating tasty and filling food. Be happy and healthy!
4-INGREDIENT CHILI WITH CAULIFLOWER COUSCOUS
- Set a nonstick skillet on medium high heat and spray with olive oil. When the skillet is hot, add the ground beef and chop and cook so that it is as fine as possible (with no large chunks). While the beef cooks in the skillet, add the seasonings and continue to chop and stir. This should between 6 to 8 minutes.
- Add the beef to a slow cooker, then add chopped tomatoes and the kidney beans WITH the liquid (do not drain the cans).
- Stir, then cook the chili in the slow cooker for 8 hours on low heat, or 4 hours on high heat.
- Chop the top of cauliflower head into pieces to create individual florets, then add the florets to a food processor. Pulse blend until it becomes grainy, resembling couscous.
- Add olive oil to a nonstick skillet and toss in the cauliflower couscous. Add the seasonings to give it some “personality” and flavor. Cook for about 3 to 5 minutes and then remove from the skillet.
- Once the chili has finished cooking, enjoy it with cauliflower couscous.
Available in the FitMenCook app
Open this recipe in the FitMenCook app to add the ingredients to your shopping list, scale the recipe and track your calories. Enjoy!
- Set oven to 400F.
- Boil water in a pot and toss in the brown rice pasta sheets and cook according to the instructions given. When they are ready, set them aside on parchment paper or on a nonstick surface.
- Set a nonstick skillet on medium high heat and add olive oil. When the skillet is hot, toss in the veggie ground and chop it up and cook using a wooden spatula. While the veggie ground cooks, add Italian seasoning and continue to chop and stir for 5 minutes.
- Add the marinara to the skillet and thoroughly mix it together. Reduce the heat to medium and cook for aother 3 to 5 minutes.
- Add a few tablespoons of the marinara veggie mixture to a brown rice pasta sheet, then roll it up. Repeat for the remaining lasagna sheets.
- Place the rolls in a baking dish, then evenly divide the remaining marinara on top of each roll.
- Top the rolls off with mozzarella cheese and then cover with aluminum foil.
- Bake in the oven for 20 minutes at 400F.
- Season the ground turkey, then form two large burgers. Place the patties in the refrigerator in order to become more firm.
- Chop up a sweet potato into small cubes.
- Set on nonstick skillet on medium-high heat, then add olive oil. When the oil and skillet are hot, toss in chopped sweet potato. Stir it for about a minute using a wooden spatula, then add herb seasoning and a little cumin. Cook the sweet potato in the skillet for about 15 minutes or until it is soft but not soggy.
- Lastly, cook the turkey patty in another nonstick skillet, then fry up an egg.
- Put it all together by adding 1/2 mashed avocado on top of the burger then top it all off with a runny egg.
- Chop the raw chicken breasts into small pieces and remember to remove any large pieces of fat.
- Season the chicken pieces with smoked paprika and brown mustard. (Alternate method: cook the chicken in the skillet separately, and when it is about 85% finished and all the sides have been seared, add the seasonings to the chicken while it finishes cooking.)
- Add olive oil to a skillet then toss in the seasoned chicken breast pieces.
- Cook for about 4 minutes until the chicken is about 80% finished, then add chopped bell pepper. Cook for another 2 or 3 minutes before adding the diced pineapple.
- Mix everything together in the skillet and cook until there is a visible sear on the chicken and pineapple.
- Enjoy the stir-fry with brown rice and if desired, garnish with freshly chopped cilantro (and low sodium soy sauce).