Easy Eggplant Parmesan Recipe & Orzo Veggie Medley Meal Prep
Loaded Eggplant Parmesan
- Set oven to 420F.
- Slice the eggplant in half, then make deep diagonal cuts across the open face of the eggplant to create a diamond pattern. Spray the eggplant halves with olive oil, then sprinkle with sea salt. Roast in the oven for 20 – 25 minutes. After that, add 2 tablespoons of panko crumbs to each eggplant half, then bake in the oven again for 6 to 8 minutes, then remove from the oven.
- As the eggplants bake, prepare the meat sauce. Set a nonstick skillet on high heat, and once hot, toss in the meat. Chop and cook in the skillet for 2 minutes, or until you have chopped up the large chunks. While the meat cooks, add in the Italian seasoning.
- Reduce the heat to medium, then add in the canned whole tomatoes and water. Reduce the heat to medium-low, then cover and simmer for at least 20 minutes. Season to taste with sea salt & pepper, then remove the skillet from the heat to allow the sauce to thicken and the flavors to meld.
- Add a few tablespoons of meat sauce to the top of each eggplant half, then equally divide/sprinkle the mozzarella and parmesan on top.
- Bake for an additional 6 to 8 minutes, until the cheese has melted and the eggplant is to your desired softness.
Download the fitmencook app
Track your macros, plan your weekly meals, add recipes to your grocery list, as well as get access to over 300 healthy recipes by FitMenCook.
- Set oven to 420F.
- Add chopped vegetables to a large bowl, then add olive oil, sea salt & pepper and thyme. Sprinkle in dried thyme and mix/toss veggies to coat.
- Add parchment paper to baking tray. Add the veggies on top, then bake for 20 to 25 minutes until crisp tender.
- Prepare orzo according to the instructions given on the package. Set aside.
- Add the roasted veggies to a bowl and allow them to cool slightly. Add in cooked orzo and fold everything together. Season to taste with sea salt & pepper and fresh basil if desired.