Egg Roll in a Bowl with Sweet & Sour Pineapple Sauce
Egg Roll in a Bowl Recipe
- Set a large nonstick skillet or wok on medium heat. Once hot, add oil, garlic, ginger and green onion. Cook until the oil is flavored and fragrant, about 2 to 3 minutes. Increase the heat to medium high heat.
- Add the ground turkey and chop it up in the skillet as it cooks, folding everything together. When the turkey is almost cooked, about 6 minutes, toss in the broccoli slaw or shredded cabbage.
- Continuously fold everything together until the broccoli and cabbage has slightly wilted and decreased in size. Pour the egg roll into a large bowl, then set it back on medium heat.
- Mix together the ingredients for the sauce.
- Pour it into the skillet. Bring it to a gentle simmer, about 1 minutes, and stir continuously so it doesn’t clump or get slimy. REMOVE the skillet from the heat as soon as you see it start to simmer and continue to stir.
- Pour it over the egg roll bowl and toss/fold everything together. Alternatively, you can just have the sauce as a side.
- Enjoy the bowl by itself or with steamed cauliflower rice to make it even more plant-strong and low-carb.
Download the fitmencook app
Track your macros, plan your weekly meals, add recipes to your grocery list, as well as get access to over 500 healthy recipes by FitMenCook.